• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy Problem

Madviker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2018
I recently took my rifle out to check the zero and do some shooting. My rifle is a 6.5 creedmoor that was put together by a very reputable gunsmith for PRS shooters. I hadn’t shot it for about a year and checked it over before shooting. I was shooting dimes at 100 and 200 yards. I took a break and then continued on to 300 yds. I couldn’t find the target and discovered I was shooting low. I then moved back to 100 yds and I am not holding a group what so ever. I ran out of time and was wondering if my scope had moved. I checked it when I got home and the scope was tight, but the silencer was loose by about 2 turns. The silencer was only loose and undamaged. Can a loose silencer absolutely destroy your accuracy! Thanks for any help.

Yup, that can do it. I've seen a muzzle break do it even when tight. Removed the break and rifle went back to shooting perfect. Something right there where the bullet exits has a big effect

Thanks for the replies. I figured this was my problem, but we are talking about a 5" group at 100 yds?! Good learning experience I guess.