• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy Systems Rem 7400

chuckman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2013
Durham, NC
I know the Remington 7400 does not have a good rep. That said, one built by Accuracy Systems, is it any "better" or worth the purchase?

If you're going to go with a semi-auto system I would go with an AR-10, M1A (even a polytech), or a FNAR any day over a 7400. Yes, it's worth the extra money.

If you're using it for deer, you shouldn't need more than 1 shot. If you're using it for target...then we have more to worry about.

EDIT: Ok haha, I looked at their website. I don't think Remington ever had intentions of the 7400 looking like some of those that they put together lol.

Last edited:
I had a 7400 in 308 set up for a High Power match with peep sights, sling and 10rnd mags. Very reliable with full length sized reloads and first 3 shots were accurate. When the barrel heated up the shots were all over the place. It might be good to have a couple 10 rnd mags around but for anything serious I'd go another base rifle, M1A, Garand, AR etc