• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors accuracy???

7.62_Reaper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
how bad do you think a quick detach suppressor will mess with the accuracy of a rifle, i am running a M40A3 and i have a AAC 7.62SDN-6 for a can and I'm using there 51 tooth QD flash hider (I'm pretty sure its 51) it seems to be holding pretty tight with no play that i can feel......whats your guys predictions will it stay fairly close or will it be off.....(grouping not POI)

Re: accuracy???

My experience with 10+ years of silencer ownership is that most QD cans have repeatable POI shift and group tighter with the can on.

I know a lot of guys who use suppressors, and they group one POI w/o and a different POI w/. repeatable both ways though.

One of the .308s I shoot has a 2.25MOA shift between suppressed and unsupressed. It may sound like a problem but it is absolutely the same every time I take the can off or put it on. I just dial the 2.25 when adding the can and I am back to POI alines with POA. Put a little time in getting a good zero both with and without the suppressor. You should be able to determine exactly what your shift will be. As far as accuracy, all our guns are more accurate with the can. One actually groups a full .5MOA better with the can. Its a pretty sweet feeling when you watch a .75-.8 group immediately tighten up to just over .25" just by adding the can.