• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate M1A advice

nathanholt.medic

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2014
any places to look to purchase an 1/2-3/4 MOA M1A? price limit 3500 Looking for an option instead of a Larue PredatAR

Or a reliable How-To guide to get my M1A to under 3/4 MOA

If you want to build get Ted Brown & shooters den. He built this for me.

If you want to buy off the shelf get a SAI Supermatch. My M21.

Didnt know you could build/buy a .5moa M1A. Had a Springfield Armory full on NM version, bedded, Douglas SS barrel, etc, and the best it would do was 1moa with FGMM or hand loads. Got rid of it and bought a savage 10BA-LE for the same price that shoots under .5moa. Recently built a 24" lilja barrel LR308 that will do .5 - .7 moa though (final cost was a bunch more than the M1A NM too).

1 moa from a off the shelf NM is good, only a MW barrel 1-11 twist. .75 moa consistantly from an M1a is doable, you need a heavy contour 1-10 twist barrel, unitized, trigger cleaned up and if your using wood it needs to be pillar bedded, barrel draw tension needs to be on the heavy side. I have shot a few .5 moa groups. This is a 6 shot group, which includes the cold bore shot, (the high hit) I was getting 100 yard zero, I shot it at member JamieD's long range school. Shot several groups like this.

Fulton Armory sells their "peerless" rifle. I think it's guaranteed to shoot 1 moa or better. Pretty pricey though.

I have a super match and it is more accurate than I am with iron sights. Glen Nelson built rifles are superb.