• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Mag DBM for Savage vs. CDI?

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
I've got a Manners T4A on order for my 10FP, inletted for CDI bottom metal.

Just recently I've seen a few folks talk about Accurate Mag's DBM setup, and how it fits in the Savage factory DBM inlet and allows use of AICS-pattern magazines like the Alpha Type 2. The Accurate-Mag DBM also cheaper than the CDI @ $140 vs. $209.

Just curious if anybody has experience with the Accurate Mag DBM, especially for Savage, and double-especially if one also has experience with CDI.

thanks...

Re: Accurate Mag DBM for Savage vs. CDI?

im useing the cdi bottem on a 338 edge and it works great

sure its cheaper but where were they when we had no other choices? jeff was the first except Dbull or Vbull to make a DBM for a savage. thats why i would spend the extra money on CDI. and i did. im sure accurates set up is good, but Jeff is a site sponsor and has continued to develop the DBM for the newer models and adaptations to keep up with savage

The Savage DBM is the OEM piece for the new FCP 110 short and long action.

so if you have a HS Precision stock or a Accu stock, or something similar that has the bolt release mechanism built into the action not the trigger guard, your good to good

accurate-mag.com; there are 2 videos are explaining this even further

cheers

Depending how different the inlet is, it might cost more to get it made to fit the Accurate once you get it then to just get the CDI. I think it's only the difference in $50-60. I have the Accurate on mine bc it came with it from the factory. I'll say this, either wya you go, youll have excellent customer service. If you havethe option of either then I'd say it whether you wanna spend the money or have a little bit nicer piece for a little bit more money.