• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate ordnance rifles?

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Looking into purchasing a built rifle by accurate ordnance. Give me the run down....same quality as a Gap, Beanland or other builder? Accuracy going to be the same? Fit and finish?

Thanks

I have never touched a GAP or Beanland rifle so I cannot compare an AO rifle to them. However I absolutly love my TMR in 6.5x47. The accuracy and fit are top notch as well as the customer service. Do a quick search and you will see countless satisfied customers and customers review. Send Mark or Woody an email and get a conversation struck up and you will be on the road to an awesome rifle.

IMG_1524 (Large).jpg
IMG_1525 (Large).jpg
IMG_1526 (Large).jpg
IMG_1527 (Large).jpg

How is that for accuracy out of a tactical rifle on a bipod? Those are all 5 shot groups(one 7 shot group) at 100 yards.

Last edited:
Yup AO is at the top. You can't go wrong with Mark and Crew. I got them to build up a rifle for my dad and we are both very happy with the outcome.

They built be a custom 300WM hunting rifle about 1.5yrs ago - that rifle was a flat out HAMMER!! (Like a dumb-ass I sold it though - wish I had that one back)

Accurate Ordnance is good to go!!

Just picked up my 308 a couple weeks ago and am very satisfied with the performance,fit and finish.Scroll down a couple pages and look for my thread titled new AO build.This past thursday I picked up my 6.5 creedmoor from them and same thing totally satisfied.Got out friday with it to work up some loads and my best group was .19.IMO they are great people to work with and are they are very anal about the product they put out,which is a good thing.I will try to post a new thread with pics on the 6.5.

I HATE AO!!!!

They are always to willing to listen and answer your questions and make well informed decisions (based on their own hands-on experience) and always smiling and always friendly and "folksy" that.........

They ALWAYS get my business!!!!

:)

Oh, and they build the best too.

Customer service is very good and friendly. I haven't ordered from them, but I have discussed a build via email and they were always very nice, informative and fast to respond.

I also have to admit I did a hard look for a top builder for my lapua, I can't say I tried the rest you mentioned but I can't image a finer piece of tactical equitment period...Mark an Woody treated me more like a friend than a customer an I really liked the way they answered all my ...guy with the money guestions, never once did they make me fill like I wasn't in charge.this lapua is absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:
I'll echo what everybody else has said. Recently, I put in a build with them and they had it ready for me in just 3 weeks. I will admit that this probably isn't the norm for turnaround, but they fast tracked mine because of some training I was supposed to attend. I didn't ask them to, they just did. The rifle looks and functions absolutely amazing and I can't find a single thing to complain about. I picked mine up from the shop and hung out and shot the shit with them for an hour or so. Great guys and great CS. I had an issue with the payment on my end as well and they were very good to deal with while trying to clear things up. Also, they have a Mil/LE discount if you qualify

The guys at AO, the customer service, and their work is top notch. I sent an email asking a question and in a few short weeks I'm at their shop picking up a rifle. They keep a good bit of inventory so the turn around times are impressive. Even for southpaws.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mark and crew built my 260. Im getting ready to send my Beanland 308 to them for a rebarrel to 6.5 creed. Accurate Ordnance will continue to build all my future rifles. Im feeling like a 338nm in my future.

My AO is the only rifle I regret selling. Damn I wish I had that thing back, the new owner teases me every now and then with a pic or two. :mad:

I don't have anything from them but all I hear is fantastic reviews. I think you would very happy with whatever they build for you.

Wow, appreciate the flattering comments guys.

I poked my head in here to look for something else and was surprised to see this thread. :)

The last three weeks have been tough for us without Woody. He was out visiting a sick relative overseas. He's back in the shop today and I am SO looking forward to having him back. I've done my best to keep up with e-mails and phone calls, but some response times have been a little slower than we typically strive for. So, I apologize for that if anyone is still waiting on a phone call.

There are a lot of really great shops that build outstanding rifles, so we're humbled to have people consider us for their projects. We appreciate all of you very much.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Mark

I cannot say enough good things about AO and their work. I make it a point to keep the company of people better than myself. I'm lucky they let me hang out every now and again. The below 300Win Mag is AMAZING. I did a review on it a while back. 1/2MOA with hunting ammo, better with match ammo. Fit and finish are superb. They have done everything from changing a muzzle brake to full builds for me, and lots in between. Mark (and Woody, and Thomas) will go over every detail with you until you get your specs just right. I have a wild (for me) 223 build that should be ready in September (special ordered a stock).

3003_zps345767b4.jpg

3002_zps18ebddc5.jpg

Last edited:
Dropped my new Bartlein .264 1/8.25 barrel and surgeon 591 into the mail for a fresh build.

Bookhound:

David still have that 300WM reamer for premium factory hunting ammo??

Man I kick myself in the ass for selling the rifle he built me - it was a HAMMER!!!

Bookhound:

David still have that 300WM reamer for premium factory hunting ammo??

Man I kick myself in the ass for selling the rifle he built me - it was a HAMMER!!!

You bet. We use roughing reamers and a coolant flush system during chambering on the HAAS TL-1 CNC. Carbide reamers too. It really extends the life of the tooling. So, we can cut the same chamber anytime you want.

Mark

AO!!!! Hmmmm!!!
They rebarreled a Sako TRG 22 Folder Gen 2 for me (rebarreled, muzzle brake installed and fully coated). Actually they fitted two barrels, the 6.5 CM and the .308 win. Didn`t shoot the .308 yet.
Here the PROBLEM comes. I started load development and all powder charges shot the same. OK i picked the one giving me most speed at reasonable pressure signs.
The next PROBLEM, i shoot 5 round groups. Every group is exactly at the same place as the previous one. One more PROBLEM, it shoots the same size groups with factory Hornady 140 gr A-Max.
OK it shoots 3/8 inch at 100. BUT THIS IS BORING AND I CAN'T BLAME NOTHING BUT ME for a bad shot.

Thanks Mark and Woody. Keep on doing the EXCELLENT JOB.

Go with confidence bro.

Attachments

• P1000697.jpg
    P1000697.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Mark and crew are good folks. Always enjoy stopping by the shop. i have yet to see or hear of anything that comes out of those doors that wont shoot.

I will let you know in a couple of months! I've "known" and talked to Mark for years, just never met him.

David T.

I bought mine used on this site. A bit of trepidation as it wasn't cheap. I was new to the sport and the gun looked good in photos. Added a nice scope and a Spuhr mount with Atlas bipod and I was GTG. Took a bit before I was able to really evaluate the gun. Had to learn how to shoot.

The gun has been flawless, Pierce action with a 24" 1-8 twist Rock bbl., KRG trigger at 1# 3oz all in an AI AX chassis. It's a hammer, keeps wanting to make it hard to measure groups as lots of bullets going in the same hole. I can't wait to start reloading, best group with factory Hornady 123g has been 0.302" c-c. Copper Creek 139 Scenars are consistently in the 1/4" range.

Did I say I like the gun and would buy another?

AO is stellar! They have done all of my cerakote. They are real people making the best product with excellent customer service. What more could one ask for? Buy AO with confidence.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I bought mine used on this site. A bit of trepidation as it wasn't cheap. I was new to the sport and the gun looked good in photos. Added a nice scope and a Spuhr mount with Atlas bipod and I was GTG. Took a bit before I was able to really evaluate the gun. Had to learn how to shoot.

The gun has been flawless, Pierce action with a 24" 1-8 twist Rock bbl., KRG trigger at 1# 3oz all in an AI AX chassis. It's a hammer, keeps wanting to make it hard to measure groups as lots of bullets going in the same hole. I can't wait to start reloading, best group with factory Hornady 123g has been 0.302" c-c. Copper Creek 139 Scenars are consistently in the 1/4" range.

Did I say I like the gun and would buy another?

It is okay to post pics!!

I contacted AO several weeks ago about a build and Mark replied to my email. He answered all my questions with professionalism and patience and I was sold (customer service first impressions mean a lot to me and he is a standard all companies should mimic). Anyway, I was fortunate enough to have some time, last Friday, to drop my barrel off in person and meet the guys. Mark and Woody and were super, in fact everyone was nice even though they were working. Mark took time to answer my questions about stocks and other things rifle and shooting related, show me the shop and let me handle his personal weapons. I can't say enough good things and I know my rifle will be everything I want it to be (except lite!)

I decided to put money down on a build last week. They said 4-5 weeks as they had everything in stock. Time to buy some reloading gear and get ready!

I'm so close to pulling this trigger. Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend is $1,884.oo this year. FREE MONEY

Lost my alternator in Alabama, and Mark wouldn't let me leave until it was fixed. I had to argue with him to keep him from pulling Jason off the lathe to do the work for me. They gave me full access to their tools and a place out of the rain to work. You won't find better guys.

9585B4E8-C47A-4238-AFC9-C3475064399A-2250-00000345B3D8EC0F.jpg

Every gun/barrel they have built/chambered for me has shot phenomenonal. I'm definitely looking forward to them building my new 6mm slr here soon. They also support the shooting community a ton with some nice TMR rifles at a few matches this year. Can't beat that with a stick! Well if I would have won them even better but still a great company to deal with!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have ordered one barreled action from them... my only regret???? that I didn't order the whole rifle from them... amazing work... they live up to their name and back it up with amazing customer service....... I have a McMillan, a gap and a hart in the safe..... one by one they WILL be replaced by AO... they are also the only ones I found to give a active military discount.... for that reason they have mine and my fathers business in their hands....

Mark and the guys are great people!
I too ordered a barreled action. Needless to say I had a small problem with what I had received. I had emailed Mark about the mistake and before I knew it Mark was on the phone with me. I soon found out he was actually on his way to the Pharmacy to pick up medication for his Daughter that was sick at home! He apologized for the mistake and refused to get off the phone until he knew I was taken care off and that I was going to be happy with my purchase!
"Holy Crap" I thought when I got off the phone with him.
Mark talked me into sending my Barreled action back to him and my stock that I had planned on using(not purchased through them I might add) Without getting into too much detail they are going way out of there way to make things right and I will soon be receiving a fully assembled Rifle from them. I cant wait to shoot it.
They definitely will have my business again exclusively.

Thanks Mark.

Last edited:
Mark and the guys are great people!
I too ordered a barreled action. Needless to say I had a small problem with what I had received. I had emailed Mark about the mistake and before I knew it Mark was on the phone with me. I soon found out he was actually on his way to the Pharmacy to pick up medication for his Daughter that was sick at home! He apologized for the mistake and refused to get off the phone until he knew I was taken care off and that I was going to be happy with my purchase!
"Holy Crap" I thought when I got off the phone with him.
Mark talked me into sending my Barreled action back to him and my stock that I had planned on using(not purchased through them I might add) Without getting into too much detail they are going way out of there way to make things right and I will soon be receiving a fully assembled Rifle from them. I cant wait to shoot it.
They definitely will have my business again exclusively.

Thanks Mark.

I chose them to build my first custom rig and couldnt be happier. Their professionalism and willingness to help is amazing. Very soon I will be giving them a ring to start my next build.