• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sapper12b

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2009
Wyoming
I have a XDM in 9mm with well over 10,000 rounds and I am wanting to get a little more out of it. The barrel lands look great, so I really don't want to replace it. I do have a Powder River Precision trigger in it. Does anyone know if the barrels can be refit or has anyone had their crowns recut?

Last edited:
A little more what? Accuracy?

A fancy barrel might help. A trigger upgrade and a red dot will as well. I don't know what ammo you're burning through, but something better than whatever is on sale will help as well.

A little more what? Accuracy?

A fancy barrel might help. A trigger upgrade and a red dot will as well. I don't know what ammo you're burning through, but something better than whatever is on sale will help as well.
Jelly beans, of course accuracy. That is why I named the post Accurizing XDM.

Fair enough. I forgot the thread title by the time I got done reading the posts.

With as much trigger time as you've got on that thing I'm betting that ammo choice and a new barrel will make the most difference.

Reactions: waveslayer
Fair enough. I forgot the thread title by the time I got done reading the posts.

With as much trigger time as you've got on that thing I'm betting that ammo choice and a new barrel will make the most difference.
Very true, I would just hate changing out a barrel that is good. I know when the XDM first come out, you could send the gun off to be refitted. Guess that really didn't help that much :confused:.

Since you already have a trigger, Tighten up the slide to frame fit(Requires a ballpeen hammer and a screwdriver) and Get a barrel that requires fitting to your gun.

How do you know it's the gun? Could be shooter error. What kind of accuracy are you after? 1 hole at 50 yards?