• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accutac FC5-G2 review

stradibarrius

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2017
I recently got an Accutac FC5-G2 and am really happy. I have a Tikka T3X TAC A1 and just couldn't get comfortable on the gun using a Harris and even considered getting a stock and losing the chassis. I ordered the Accutac and when I opened the box I was immediately impressed with the quality of the FC5-G2. It attaches via a Picantinny rail attachment so I had to bay an attachment. The FC5-G2 is the wide base unit and is very stable and for a reason I haven't realized yet it has made the Tikka Chassis really comfortable and I have no problem getting in a comfortable ,position.
The harris unit would slide when I tried to load the bipod but the Accutac stays put plus you can order different feet if you want. The legs adjust forward and backwards as well as 45deg. It cants and adjust to rotate if you are shooting a moving target. The Accutac FC is comarable to the Atlas 5H or Super cal models. Accutac is less expensive, not cheap $399, but less than Atlas. but the quality is bulletproof. The way the legs extend and retract is extremely quick and easy I actually like it better than the Sako factory bipod I have for my TRG.
I would buy another Accutac bipod again with no reservation!

I really like the Accu-Tac product line I have 3 of the HD-50, WB5 and WB4 bipods. Very well made and costumer service when I bent a leg (my fault) was great. I also have Atlas LRA and Harris bipods but Acc-Tac get the most use.

i use an SR-5 G2 and it also works great for me. despite the beefy looks, it isn't significantly heavier than the harris/larue combo it replaces.
while it gets significantly higher and wider, the 45 deg option makes the lowest deployed setting only ~0.5" higher than the harris.
i have already had to use the legs deployed backwards shooting from a shallow shelf,.
this is much more convenient and stable than having to move the bipod back on the rail (if you have a full length bottom rail).
one-hand operation, a large lever for cant lock, and being able to disassemble to clean without voiding the warranty are great too.
the forums tend to push particular brands with longer history, but i ignored all of it and made my decision on features.
expensive? they both aren't cheap, but you can find deals on the SR-5 and not pay tree-tree fiddy.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowboss