• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes acog eye relief

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
i mounted my acog on my bushmaster flattop upper today. i have the scope all the way to the back of the rail and the eye relief still is not right. do i just need to live with it or is ther somthin that can be done

Re: acog eye relief

Which one? Where do you position your head? I've always put my nose right up to the charging handle and my TA31 sits fairly close to the front end of the rail. ACOG eye relief is fairly short so your head may be too far back. You may have to change the way you crawl up on the stock.

Personally I would run your ACOG towards the front or middle-front of the rail. It should offer a decent amount of eye relief. You are probably too close to the rear of the scope to get good eye relief if it is at the rear of the rail.

I could be wrong if you are having a different problem, but that is where mine is mounted and works great.

Good Luck

If its a 4x it probably needs to be all the way back. Even with it as far back as it will go, your nose will likely be on the charging handle to get proper eye relief.

it is a ta01 4x. when i mount a scope i try to pull the gun up narurally and have a full sight picture. on my acog i pull the gun up and have to move my head closer to the scope.

I have the ta01nsn on my issue m4, and a ta31f on my rifle at home, and both are about the same. Do you have a collapsible stock? I have to put my stock on the second stop to get close enough. If I'm prone I can extend it further.

yes i do have a 6 pos stock and i do shoot it exteded all the way out thats probably my problem, im 6'2 so shooting it paritally colabsed is not fun

The TA01 and TA31 ACOGs don't have much in the way of eye relief.

FWIW, I went with the TA11 and am much happier. Just my $0.02 worth.

I couldnt stand how I had to molest the oculer with my eyeball on the TA01 so I sold it. I have a TA33 now. IIRC eye relief is longest on the 11 followed by the 33. In other words 3.5X is longest, 3X next, 4X is shortest.

The 4X ACOG's have a 1.9" eye relief. I also have to put my nose up to the charging handle to get a proper sight picture. The TaA 33 3X scope has about 2X the eye relief. It took me a while to get used to the short eye relief and proper head placement but it can be done done.

Santo I think you have it backwards. 4x's have 1.5. 3X's have 1.9, 3.5X's have 2.4..... so like I said 3.5X is longest, 3X next, 4X is shortest.

I have the TA31-F 4X and I like the short eye relief. I keep the stock almost completely collapesed just like some folks above were saying so everything is nice and compact. ACOGs are great sights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the TA31-F 4X and I like the short eye relief. I keep the stock almost completely collapesed just like some folks above were saying so everything is nice and compact. ACOGs are great sights. </div></div>

Agreed

I stand corrected your right. Getting old. You'd think I'd keep it straight since I've previously posted all my 4 of my 4X ACOG's have 1.5" eye relief.