• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action causing accuracy issues ?

How the fuck does that happen?

This is what’s left of the muzzle crown? Wo
Lol! No. That’s what happens when you leave the suppressor on for about 1000 rounds and only clean the barrel occasionally. Not my finest moment, but it was a busy season. 😎

I like to post that occasionally to garner reactions. 😁

And that is not the actual crown. It’s the carbon residue buildup that had to be carefully chopped off and then worked on with solvents and a nylon brush.

@lash
Can you post pics of the back side of your barrel tenon and the front of the bolt head where they were making contact?

Yes, though its very rare. I believe @BillyNg had a similar issue where he tried everything under the sun and couldn’t get the rifle to shoot. In that case the action itself was found to be the problem.

We thought so, because there was nothing left having had replaced everything else. But even after swapping out the action, barreling that new action (a Surgeon), and putting the whole thing in a new stock - the gun still didn't shoot.

• Wow
Reactions: deersniper
Krg bravo and xlr element.

I have a untrued 700 in a bravo with a used take off SAC 6.5cm barrel that shoots lights out.
Smh.
Doesn't matter what another gun does. Ive seen it plenty of times that a particular action and chassis just aren't happy and bedding solved it. Even if its a chassis or stock that the manufacturer says it doesn't need it.

One example is I had a Bighorn with a big, heavy barrel and an MDT chassis that just wasn't happy. Bedded it and shot lights out.

So what was left? You, scope, and ammo? I had a Schmidt go down three years ago in a really seruptitious way. It took 8 mos to figure it out. For 8 months I had random big groups and shifting POI/ zeros. I would clean a stage and zero the next. It took me going to a friend's range at his house and completely disassembling the rifle(barrel and action/ switch barrel rifle) and putting it back together while shooting for zeros with a barrel and ammo I know shot well to tie it down to a constantly shifting zero in the scope. Having a switch barrel rifle is useful in these situations.
The builder was a standup guy and refunded me my money and ate the cost of the second rifle. In the end, he was out quite a bit of cash and stood up to his accuracy guarantee.

I ended up getting a rifle 6 months later from a different builder (Mike @ TacOps) .. things shoots terribly well. Terribly.