• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action differences?

31 chaser

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2010
I'm thinking about building a true custom .308 on a custom action. My question is what is the difference between the actions based on the 700 design other than the price. I had a 7mm BAT built by Patriot Arms back in the day, but I traded it like a dumbass (don't ask). The actions that APA is building is a little cheaper than Surgeon but quite a bit more than a Stiller. I have always been a fan of APA because Jared took the time to talk to me everytime I had a question reguarding my build. What makes his actions better than say a Stiller?

Thanks
KJ

Re: Action differences?

Well, I don't know what makes one action better than another, comes down to features really. Take a Surgeon 591 action vs a Surgeon RSR, both offer a great platform to build off of and will yield the exact same accuracy potential, but the 591 is around $300 more than the RSR, you are paying for features.

Kirk R