• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action fitment

Aaron jazek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2021
Seminole tx
Will a remington 700 LA drop into a defiance LA mini chassis? Manners mini chassis off atlas is inletted for a defiance long action on their website just wanting confirmation that it will work. I'm figuring it does

It should fit, might need to do some clearance around the bolt handle recess. Rem 700 is swept back, Defiance could either be swept or straight. Very easy mod either way.

Yup the mini chassis is a 700 footprint but as mentioned it's the bolt handle cut out that will be the biggest different. Easy fix with a little dremel work and a reseal. 5 minute job.

The ejection port shouldn't require any mods as the Defiance is probably cut longer than the 700 ejection port. Below is a pic of a 700 set up Manners with mini chassis with a TL3 dropped in. You can see the ejection port is longer on the TL3 but it still functions perfectly. You could trim that small area if needed for OCD looks but not needed so going from a custom to a 700 you should be fine in that area.

IMG_1061.jpg

Thanks guys. Does anyone know what mags I will be needing for my 26 nosler? I think they are the 300prc but I'm not positive

Yup the mini chassis is a 700 footprint but as mentioned it's the bolt handle cut out that will be the biggest different. Easy fix with a little dremel work and a reseal. 5 minute job.

The ejection port shouldn't require any mods as the Defiance is probably cut longer than the 700 ejection port. Below is a pic of a 700 set up Manners with mini chassis with a TL3 dropped in. You can see the ejection port is longer on the TL3 but it still functions perfectly. You could trim that small area if needed for OCD looks but not needed so going from a custom to a 700 you should be fine in that area.

View attachment 7919931
I'm gonna need you to trim that for MY OCD and post pics afterwards so I can calm down.

This is my 700 LA dropped in a Defiance cut mini chassis from Altus. I didn’t have any issues with the bolt handle. Ejection port was fine as well.

DE41BE99-D3C9-44F3-8744-88BB8D9C8A67.jpeg
C9006524-B3CF-428D-B595-AB446E1D7072.jpeg

Reactions: spife7980
That ejection port cut out is way too far back! The OCD crew will be building it up to fill it in. LOL

The bolt handle comes down to how it was cut/ordered. You can have them done for a 700 with swept and also a straight from Manners. I have had them done that way. Altus might have ordered them that way.