• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action side bolt release/bolt stop question

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm assuming the terms release and bolt stop are synonymous here. I have a Surgeon 591 action coming in and it obviously has a side bolt release. I have a Timney 510 with the bolt stop but I think I'm going to return it in favor of a Huber 2-stage (SH group buy). I bought the 510 before I demo'ed the Huber. All my ARs have Geissele 2-stage triggers. I can shoot 2-stages pretty well.
Anyway the Huber has the option of no bolt stop. Is this what I should get since the action already has the side release?
I not sure if the bolt stop on the trigger has a different function than the side bolt release. Sorry, I'm a bolt gun newb.

Re: Action side bolt release/bolt stop question

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Re: Action side bolt release/bolt stop question

Depending on your situation and the price difference, however, you might consider ordering the version with the bolt stop and then just removing and storing it. If at any point in the future you decided to sell the trigger (or move it to a Rem 700) then the bolt stop could be replaced to make it useful to a larger market.