• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Actionless Barrel Threading

PaganSnake

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2018
Question regarding barrel threading - I understand that due to the tight tolerances of certain precision actions (in this case Impact Precision) that some gunsmiths may not require the action to thread a barrel. I'm looking at buying a blank and wondering if anyone can suggest a vetted gunsmith whom could chamber and thread a blank for an Impact Action.

Question regarding barrel threading - I understand that due to the tight tolerances of certain precision actions (in this case Impact Precision) that some gunsmiths may not require the action to thread a barrel. I'm looking at buying a blank and wondering if anyone can suggest a vetted gunsmith whom could chamber and thread a blank for an Impact Action.

Altus Shooting (used to be Core) sells Impact prefits. Quality work and they usually get them done pretty quick. Check them out here.

I’ve see those, 875 for a bartlein treaded just seems pricey. They would do me one for 805 from the factory. Exploring my options. Thanks for the info on Altus, I’ll look into them

Wasnt this same question just posted a few days ago?

From what I remember:

TS Customs
Long Rifles Inc
GA Precision
Piercision
Gradous
Patriot Valley
Stuteville (obviously)

And there were probably more

Reactions: PaganSnake
PVA does good work but expect to wait. Stated lead times are at 16 weeks for a barrel. They're known for going over.

I didn’t wait that long for a 6.5 PRC barrel I ordered, more like 8-10, but I hear what your saying. Ordered mine during that Black Friday sale last year.

Of all the shouldered actions out there, Impact Precision would be the only I would consider doing pre fits for. Ymmv.

Paul McCoy at PMAC Precision chambers all of my barrels on my Impact Action. I don't need to send him the action when I need a barrel. He just cuts it and puts it in the mail. He also guarantees 1/4MOA and the last 5 barrels (about 2/year) have met his standard. They are awesome.

Reactions: PaganSnake