• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Actual M40 for sale

Marksman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2008
Michigan
Anyone pick up on the M40 that the CMP has on auction?

rad3D0C06257259a.jpg

rad7D8B26257259b.jpg

With 12 days left, it's sitting at $8,355 right now.

Re: Actual M40 for sale

Knowing the collectors that regularly bid on the CMP auctions, that price is no where near final.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, WE ALL MISSED IT -- nice find and thanks for posting.

</div></div>

Geeez. There goes the mean help desk guy again.... LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet I know who ends up buying it!</div></div>

M.B. is my guess.

Eleven days and counting left on the rifle, Rock island recently sold a similar USMC M40 presentation rifle,realized price was $14950.

Great Rifle to own if you have the money to collect...I started to build a relica many years ago...Never finished it though...got a stock, replacement Redfield scope, mount/rings...Found an old 243 that was in the right ## range...then I sold it piece by piece...
About a year ago I found an old custom Remington Short action that was in an early early McMillan stock that was just right for an A1...sold it too....

<span style="font-weight: bold">Definately NICE to own a PIECE OF HISTORY if one has the wallet for it!</span>

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but as long as you fellas are on the topic how is the quality and representation of the Remington commemorative M40 700s?

I just looked at the current bidding.. that thing is up to 10k. That would be such a great piece of history to own. I would love to have that in my safe.

Whomever got that one is a really fortunate person. Thats totally awesome. Congrats.

It is an awesome piece of US history and worth every penny. If I had millions I would have bid on it, but I don’t. Besides, the only other place you will find a rifle like that is in a museum.

A Henry rifle tied conclusively by both historical provenance and ballistic forensics to the Little Big Horn sold for over $500,00.00 at auction a couple of years ago. Can you imagine what a rifle connected to Hathcock or one of the other legends would bring?

An exact copy of this rifle sold in September by RIA for $14850, I think thats an unbelievable price for an M40 type rifle.