• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AD Recon/Vortex 4-16x50?

KingKopi22

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2014
I recently ordered the Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP for my Mega Maten build. In the last few days I have made up my mind to order the AD Recon mount. Now I am stuck between the standard mount vs the 20 MOA mount.

From my understanding the 20MOA mount will only help when attempting long range shots. The only part that has me questioning the 20MOA mount is if I will have a problem zeroing at 100 yards and if the 20MOA mount will fit right with a 50mm scope on a Mega handguard with top rail?

The Vortex scope I ordered has a Max elevation adjustment of 75 MOA and the barrel is 18" Mega (if that helps).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You won't have any trouble zeroing at 100. Never hurts to have the extra elevation if you are going to try some long shots at some point. I like the ADM mounts I have. That should make a nice setup.

You won't have any trouble zeroing at 100. Never hurts to have the extra elevation if you are going to try some long shots at some point. I like the ADM mounts I have. That should make a nice setup.

Thank you. I'm going to order the 20MOA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It will work fine I have a Vortex PST 4-16X50 on my Maten using the AD Recon 20 MOA mount

Let us know how you feel about the scope---I am considering one for a 24" 308 bolt gun build.

I will update once I get a chance to take the rifle out. Unless there is a major flaw in the scope, I wont be able to tell how good or bad it is since I don't have any experience behind any scope (high end or low end). I have however read a lot of good reviews on it and for the few bad reviews, it seemed to come up when people started comparing it too Nightforce or any other higher end scope. I was debating between the Vortex 4-16x and 6-24x. The 6-24x had more positive feedback from users. If I had to pick between the 2 for a 24" 308 bolt gun, I would pick the 6-24x50 based on all the reviews I read and the extra power. I just got tired of thinking about it and went with the 4-16x only because its shorter and thought that 15.7" (6-24x) scope on AR platform would look too big.