• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adding a Magazine to Rem 700

woodsrunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2010
Butler, Pa
I'm looking for a trigger guard assembly that will fit a Rem 700 in 300 Win Mag. I'm looking for suggestions on which manufacturer I should buy from, I'm also looking for other manufacturers that I should check out since I haven't put a trigger guard assembly on before. All constructive comments are appreciated, Thanks.

Re: Adding a Magazine to Rem 700

Thanks, the only problem is that CDI is currently offering only the short action. I've been looking around and right now I've found one from Badger and I think the other one is from Shillen.

H-S Precision makes one. i use their's on my 308 and have nothing but good to say about it. Pricey magazines though.... Down side is that H-S long action only holds 3 or 4 rds....

What advantages are there to badger or surgeon, over kwik klip?
CDI seems the most reasonable to me.

a friend of mine just bought the kwik-clip for his M700 in 300WM. i'll keep you posted on his thoughts...

I have a Kwik Klip on my 30-06. Can't complain for the price! It's not surgeon or badger, but functions flawlessly on my rifle. I have both the 5 and 10 round mags. No complaints here.

Kwik Klip used to come in LA only.... don't know if that's still the case?? Very happy w/my Badger M5 though... Magazine availibility also feeds into the equation... Most of the top manufacturer's are GTG, but I find compatibility with AICS mags to be a must for me....ymmv...

I like the Badger and Surgeon but both will require inletting.

he offers savage long action but its not on the list either. give him a call, he might be days away from a 700 LA model

Thanks for the help guys. I still have a little bit before I get a DBM so I'll see what CDI has in store.