• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adding grip to game changer

Yankee88

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2012
Ca.
Tried searching and couldn’t find anything...

looking to add some stick to my game changer and not wanting to shell out the extra money for another sticky game changer. I recall reading here in the past people using shoe goo. Wondering if people have had success with any other type of substance.

I also used duplicolor, on a traust bag. Coating improves traction and has been durable. I can’t tell a difference in traction between it and a bag with the sticky material. I’ve used it for 7 local one day matches, a two day match, 3 day class, and weekly training sessions....and it survived jumping out of the bed of my truck on the highway and sliding across the road shoulder with a short swim in the Colorado river.......

I coated the bottom of mine with diluted silicone caulking a couple years ago and it has held up really well. Just mix 100% silicone caulking with some mineral spirits and paint it on.

So I went with the duplicolor bed armor. Stuff works great. I didn’t even put that thick of a coat on and it’s exactly what I wanted. Plus it looks cool. Might add another light coat to add some more grip but it’s pretty good right now.

So I went with the duplicolor bed armor. Stuff works great. I didn’t even put that thick of a coat on and it’s exactly what I wanted. Plus it looks cool. Might add another light coat to add some more grip but it’s pretty good right now.
Is it a spray can, or brush on?

Did you use any particular technique to getting it on the bag? Thanks for any details you can provide!

I used the spray on duplicolor bed armor on my bags. I didn't use any particular technique other than taping off the bag so that I had clean edges and going easy on the coats. I'd do a pass to put down a thin layer, let that dry, and then come back to do another. I repeated this process until I was at the point where I couldn't see the camo pattern but I could still see threads.

1570804617278.png

After you put that last coat on let it set overnight before you use it to let it set up fully.

I did this back in March after I don't know how many range trips and matches the bed armor is holding up well, it's worn down some but it's not peeling off and still has some grip action to it.

Reactions: 10ring1
I used the spray on duplicolor bed armor on my bags. I didn't use any particular technique other than taping off the bag so that I had clean edges and going easy on the coats. I'd do a pass to put down a thin layer, let that dry, and then come back to do another. I repeated this process until I was at the point where I couldn't see the camo pattern but I could still see threads.

View attachment 7162156

After you put that last coat on let it set overnight before you use it to let it set up fully.

I did this back in March after I don't know how many range trips and matches the bed armor is holding up well, it's worn down some but it's not peeling off and still has some grip action to it.
Is that a Armageddon fat bag you put it on? I’ve been thinking about getting some and if that duplicolor worked on them I’m definitely gonna but some.

I prefer strapping it to my gun. Gives me a free hand to do other things while moving and setting up. I have tested numerous runs having bag in hand vs bag attached to gun running the PRS barricade stage and having not strapped on has been considerably faster then not having it attached.

I use the Game Changer Accessory strap

Is it a spray can, or brush on?

Did you use any particular technique to getting it on the bag? Thanks for any details you can provide!
It’s the spray. Pretty much did the same thing as monkey. Taped it off with some masking tape for clean lines and just went over it lightly. I will say it is a bitch to tape off and the spray is pretty finicky. It’ll come out in huge chunks.
But works great. I want to keep the bag from rolling forward on barricades/bars, so I just sprayed it in the wedge portion. Also works great on the plastic drums from sliding around.

I just did my og gamechanger with rustoleum tan bed liner. Definitly go eady on the coats or it will run on you.