• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adding legs to a RRS tripod?

Not yet since it was the weekend. I will today when I get done with work. I just didn’t know if anyone else had ran into this and knew if it could be done or not.

Im interested in what they say.

Yes you can. You'll have to call in and order it by phone since its not a simple online process.
You'll need to order two sections per leg and the additional twist lock mechanism and assembly. You wont need to order new feet because you could use whats on your existing tripod.
Only question you need to figure out is: Would you like the bottom section of a 34 or 34L to be added?
But yeah give us a call, state you have a 33 and you want to add a section on each side. Ill give them a heads up and start a request to get items numbers and prices.
888-777-5557

Yes you can. You'll have to call in and order it by phone since its not a simple online process.
You'll need to order two sections per leg and the additional twist lock mechanism and assembly. You wont need to order new feet because you could use whats on your existing tripod.
Only question you need to figure out is: Would you like the bottom section of a 34 or 34L to be added?
But yeah give us a call, state you have a 33 and you want to add a section on each side. Ill give them a heads up and start a request to get items numbers and prices.
888-777-5557

WTF? Really? RRS will work with customers to expand their options and continue to support the rifle community?

And people still feel the need to try to go to Chinese for one of the most influential pieces of shooting gear to hit the precision rifle industry this decade? Ya, that makes sense when every press of a trigger is over $1 and we spend hours trying to make the groups better.

This is another perfect example of a level of service that is worth every penny of our investments. Hands down RRS Tripod is the very best investment I have made, from elk and pig hunting, plinking to matches, it is one piece of gear I will not ever leave out.

I only wish I had a budget for three RRS tripods. I would go to the 24 with the Anvil for the lightest of pack hunts, the 33 and anvil for my do all for 90% of my hunting and 90% of my matches, and the wider stance and leveling base, 2 legs of the PRS for making me fell like a rock star when shooting groups.

BTW if you guys are at all interested in a few tripod tips that make field shooting with a lightweight magnum a bit easier, check out this thread.. BTW I believe and can not prove it, but the woven CF of the RRS will take this punishment better than the cheap laid up Chinese tubes..

10lbs CF magnum with scope - The setup works the back legs really hard, but lets you load light and self-spot. FYI I have my Son loading this very lightly like you might on a short action to decrease the wobble. The front leg is lower so the rear legs have much more angle in them helping absorb some of the recoil— this tripod is bad ass -/ or you can carry a tripod 2x the weight and “think” it is the same -

Here is the like that explains why you get 40% more help with the tripod..

Last edited:
888-777-5557

I had wondered about this as well, and it's damn good to know this is an option.

What would be the difference in using the 34 vs 34L leg sections?