• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adjustable Gas Block Options

I'm waiting for SYRAC to release a .875 gas block.

SLR may be the way to go if they don't release one soon.

JPGS-A $25

2912.jpg

EDIT: http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGS-A

Last edited:
I have several Syrac gas blocks and they have performed well. Easy, positive adjustments. I have noticed that I can't get 100% gas cut off with them.

That said, the SLR looks like a better design that I'm going to have to try.

I'm waiting for SYRAC to release a .875 gas block.

SLR may be the way to go if they don't release one soon.

By no means am I trying to be argumentative, but why do you prefer to wait for the Syrac block vs. purchasing one from SLR?

I do own a couple of the Sentry 7 blocks but will likely purchase another adjustable gas block in the future for an SPR-ish build that I just finished and would like to hear the pros of the Syrac over the SLR.

If this is too much of a thread shift, please feel free to IM me.

By no means am I trying to be argumentative, but why do you prefer to wait for the Syrac block vs. purchasing one from SLR?

I do own a couple of the Sentry 7 blocks but will likely purchase another adjustable gas block in the future for an SPR-ish build that I just finished and would like to hear the pros of the Syrac over the SLR.

If this is too much of a thread shift, please feel free to IM me.

Your not being argumentative at all.

However, I apologize since I can't offer much help or insight.

I don't have any experience with either.

I am looking for adjustable gas block to replace the Badger Ordnance MK 12 SPR that came with my GAP-10 to maximize my reloads (6.5 Creedmoor).

I chose SYRAC based on this thread and my internet research but as I posted they do not make a .875.

SLR does and has good reviews as well so that's probably the path I will take since they do make a .875 already.

I would like to add adjustable gas blocks to my AR-15s as well.

Black Rain also has a .936 adjustable gas block. Got it on my AR10. Easy adjustment from the front (has detents you can feel as you are making adjustments). No issues.
Good luck.

Running a suppressed LMT 308 and want to calm down the gas more that a buffer assembly will do.
Spoke to Todd of SLR today and have been in email contact with him the past couple of days. We are trying to figure out if the clamp on .750 SLR adjustable gas block will fit a LMTMWS 308 - 16" barrel as the gas block is under the hand guard and the barrel at the gas block has a diameter of .8100.
Has any one switched out the LMT gas block for an SLR? I removed the drill pin from the gas block and tried to remove the gas block but it seems to almost be a pressed fit. Will probably call Gene at LMT tomorrow to get insight into removing the gas block. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

LMT (.308) gas blocks are pretty much pressed on and will likely not be removed. It sounds like you've figured this out.
Also, the gas ports are not like standard ports in that they are drilled at an angle, not 90 degrees to bore. Supposedly this is done to cut down on gas port erosion. I'm in the same boat as you because I'd love to shoot mine suppressed, but it's WAY over gassed with the can.

LMT (.308) gas blocks are pretty much pressed on and will likely not be removed. It sounds like you've figured this out.
Also, the gas ports are not like standard ports in that they are drilled at an angle, not 90 degrees to bore. Supposedly this is done to cut down on gas port erosion. I'm in the same boat as you because I'd love to shoot mine suppressed, but it's WAY over gassed with the can.

Engine 22, thanks for the information. Sounds like you have taken it further that I did. Seems as though my quest for an adjustable gas block for the LMT ends here. I will contact Todd and SLR and give him a heads up. Todd wanted to send me a gas block and standard tube to try and fit up without charge until we knew that it would work. This company, SLR Rifleworks, is in the same class as Manners Stocks. That kind of customer service speaks volumes about the companies commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. For all others where this gas block would fit up I strongly suggest that you give SLR a serious look see.

Engine 22, talked with Carl at LMT this morning. He said that the LMT gas block is pressed fit and the barrel will not take an adjustable gas block. The only way to calm the over gassing when running a can is by using a heavy buffer and spring. Todd at SLR said he would make a block to fit but getting the original off is the chore as well as alignment of the port. Looks like we a left out in the cold brother. Been trying the JP silent capture spring system. Jury is still out.