• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Advanced Armament

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
Are they still in business? I`ve called and left numerous emails and nothing back from them. I need some 90T Ratchet.

Re: Advanced Armament

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are they still in business? I`ve called and left numerous emails and nothing back from them. I need some 90T Ratchet. </div></div>

Good money after bad. They don't' call back, don't answer emails.

I got an Evo-9 suppressor, NIB, 6 month wait, whole bit, no fucking o-rings. I called, called, emailed, nothing. Bought packages of rings through the recommended source.

Now having problems with their rat shit QD mounts, older style M4-1000 AND 51 tooth on 7.62 SDN can. They just don't lock up. No response. I'm not alone here.

Hoping there's a smart lawyer who has gotten fucked by them and is interested in a class action lawsuit. Product misrepresentation, not honoring warranty or something.

You're on your own.

Fuckers.

Great cans...crappy phone manners and bad attitude if you aren't a gov agency.

I think Mike Mers is here and over at barfcom, getting in touch with him might be your best bet. That is the only guy left over there worth a damn...

I don't know what number you're calling, but every time I call over there I get people. Email is very fast and accurate also. They've hired on a few more guys to man the phones that are very good guys and know their crap. I'd say just call or email. you'll get someone.

xdeano

I have called at least three times a week and sent emails with nothing. Bad customer service is what I call it.

I called six months ago to ask about a can/gun mounting issue, I called and called and then I said fuck it. rednecked it till it had a baffel strike. Called scott at silenced america ordered a Silencer Co osprey. Called Silencer CO to ask for a thread pitch sheet and with in five minutes of the call I had an email from Josh. Ever since Freedom group got ahold of AAC they have just sucked monkey dick.

Ive called a few times this month and always get connected to Mike Mers or his voicemail and he calls back within 24 hours. My customer service with AAC is stellar.

There 51t and 18t mounts do suck, I will be the first to admit. But if you have access to a lathe and want to spend 10 minutes on it, there is a very easy way to make them lockup very securely. They actually make them shoot much more accurately as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There 51t and 18t mounts do suck, I will be the first to admit. But if you have access to a lathe and want to spend 10 minutes on it, there is a very easy way to make them lockup very securely. They actually make them shoot much more accurately as well. </div></div>

Care to explain this?

They called me today finally. I told him I need to order 3 90T ratchet brakes and he said I have to order at least $5000 or I can`t place an order. I`m done with AA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They called me today finally. I told him I need to order 3 90T ratchet brakes and he said I have to order at least $5000 or I can`t place an order. I`m done with AA. </div></div>

Who did you speak with exactly? Their online store works just fine for me.

I just ordered 3 90t mounts from them and had them within a few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-RN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is this trick you speak of? </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2665649&nt=2&page=1

It's in this thread. </div></div>

That method is sloppy and can easily go bad on you if you are not very careful.

I put my brakes in the lathe and turn a 45 degree shoulder into the face of the ratchet teeth. That is the shoulder directly behind the threads of the brake. Spin it and remove about .005" at first and take the coating off. then sharpie the face and start to cut a clean new shoulder into the brake. The inside of your can is beveled, so it makes sense for the mounts to be, why AAC does not make them like this I do not know.

Spin until you have desired lockup and tightness. Should take 10 minutes, but have your can in hand to test

is there any way to trade 51t for 90t from AAC or do i just have to buy all new mounts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They called me today finally. I told him I need to order 3 90T ratchet brakes and he said I have to order at least $5000 or I can`t place an order. I`m done with AA.</div></div>

So are you a dealer? Were you looking for some kind of dealer discount? Their web ordering works just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-RN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there any way to trade 51t for 90t from AAC or do i just have to buy all new mounts? </div></div>

You have to have a 90T can or they wont work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-RN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there any way to trade 51t for 90t from AAC or do i just have to buy all new mounts?</div></div>

I'm waiting for an upgrade to a 365 tooth ratchet, I'm sure that will be WAY better.

Yeah the sr7 can looks good but i dont think it is out yet. it is 90t compatible.

I have been in contact with AAC several times and have always had good luck over the phone. There have been a few times that I have been on hold for about 15 minutes but that is not a big deal to me. I only call with application questions or a true technical question where I don' want to trust the internet. I am very happy with their products and am actually going to get another suppressor today. I don't know why you would not use the web store or a dealer for the 90T instead of calling them.

I have called them three times. Each time they acted like I had just told them I saw Elvis in the parking lot.

I took my mounts to my gunsmith and he 'timed' them if you would, like a brake where they would lock up.

The cans are good, but the 51 tooth mount is bad at best and they have gotten the last bit of money from me. I ordered a TB 30P-1 Wednesday.

Yep, bought a 30P-1 after dealing with unsatisfactory lock-up issues with an AAC 18-tooth mount for a 762-SD.

I should have done that from the beginning.

AAC. Has some serious issues with their QD mounts I own a mini and a 762SD.
And they both don't lock up well. I have contacted AAC by phone and they said that " that is okay they still function" well accuracy sucks a face full of gas is no fun and the pinging noise annoys me. I contacted the president of AAC two months ago and am still waiting for a response via emails twice a week. By phone it' can be compared to getting my 10 month old to play piano.
I also contacted Remington and their CEO and I get the runaround pass the dollar BS.
So I bought three thunder beast two 30P-1 and one 338p-1 and no shift great accuracy and quiet as an ant fart.
Thanks just my 2 cents.
Thank you zack smith and Amanda for expediting my order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virulentus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC. Has some serious issues with their QD mounts I own a mini and a 762SD.
And they both don't lock up well. I have contacted AAC by phone and they said that " that is okay they still function" well accuracy sucks a face full of gas is no fun and the pinging noise annoys me. I contacted the president of AAC two months ago and am still waiting for a response via emails twice a week. By phone it' can be compared to getting my 10 month old to play piano.
I also contacted Remington and their CEO and I get the runaround pass the dollar BS.
So I bought three thunder beast two 30P-1 and one 338p-1 and no shift great accuracy and quiet as an ant fart.
Thanks just my 2 cents.
Thank you zack smith and Amanda for expediting my order. </div></div>

You contacted Remington's CEO and the president of AAC? Ya... OK.
Who did you speak with? Im going that route next time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virulentus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC. Has some serious issues with their QD mounts I own a mini and a 762SD.
Thanks just my 2 cents.
Thank you zack smith and Amanda for expediting my order. </div></div>

The pinging noise is your flashider style mount, get rid of it and go to the brakeout
KY explained the lockup pretty well earlier in a different thread, just tune the mount and they work great, I know its a PITA but fuck it, deal with it

I have four AAC cans, all of which function fine for me, but all the rumors about bad customer are totally believable from my standpoint. Any of the numerous times I've tried to contact them via phone or email has been a total disaster. You try to spend money with these guys and they almost act like they don't need it. Ive learned they aren't the only game in town, other companies are producing some real quality stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">folded up shop months ago, never to be heard from again... </div></div>

Hold up there....AAC is still around. They were purchased by Remington Defense and they are producing mass amounts of cans for the government.... AAC is still going strong.

They did however, part ways with the founder and some key internal staff.... things change.

I do agree that they need to hire a person to answer the phone.....but their cans are still top notch.

They make good products but delivery and customer service sucks.
I never had a problem with the M4-2000 can or the Blackout mount on my SIG 556. Tight lock up and no accuracy issues.

I think civilian sales are WAY down on their list and it took me a month to get one (1) Blackout mount for my suppressor. The pisser is they (AAC) requires you to use their mount (not included) and it was a PITA getting one from the factory after they said they were in stock.

I thought after Remington bought into them things would changer for the better but perhaps not.

Every time I've called them someone answers. ? Mike Mers answered once. He was a little condescending but answered my question none the least.

Their demeanor has definitely changed since the Remington purchase. I think the biggest change came from Kevin being released from his contract, he was the backbone of that place and kept it running right.

Who's ordering 90t mounts? SR7 and SR5 won't be available this year. I'd bet not gonna be available before shot show 2013. AAC dropped the ball completely. Luckily there are companies like SCo and TBAC with some people who give a damn and are proud of their products. AAC introduced how many new cans at shot? How many are available? They do a great job at facebooking 3 times a day with cute stuff though. I really appreciate that. Have one can on order with them, the last AAC can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luckily there are companies like SCo and TBAC with some people who give a damn and are proud of their products.</div></div>

Ain't that the truth. I saw a aac group buy on one of my home forums and just shook my head. Now if I my F4 will clear so I can pick up my 30P-1...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luckily there are companies like SCo... AAC introduced how many new cans at shot? How many are available? </div></div>
Wow, so when did you receive your Saker?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's ordering 90t mounts? SR7 and SR5 won't be available this year. I'd bet not gonna be available before shot show 2013. AAC dropped the ball completely. Luckily there are companies like SCo and TBAC with some people who give a damn and are proud of their products. AAC introduced how many new cans at shot? How many are available? They do a great job at facebooking 3 times a day with cute stuff though. I really appreciate that. Have one can on order with them, the last AAC can. </div></div>

The 300SD is out already and uses 90 tooth mounts, so probably folks who own that can are buying mounts.

My MK13 is sitting in the dealer's safe awaiting the ATF. It uses the 90T mount. My experience with AAC has been stellar. I did have to wait about 6 weeks for the mount but they told me that when I ordered it. I once had to return an 18T (bought the wrong one) and they handled the return with a few days. In the few questions I have had for AAC the phone calls and emails were returned quickly (withing a day or 2). I have dealt primarily with Paul Van Wagner, but there was another guy whose name I can't recall. My only complaint is the unavailability of products. I was told a 300TM wait would be about 6 months for a serial number (so I went with the MK13), God only knows when the Element 2 will be available, and the SR5 won't be available until next year. Yes, I am tempted to go with the Silencerco Sparrow instead of the Element and the YHM Stainless QD instead of the SR5 as my dealer has 5 of each sitting in the case right now. But I am holding out for the time being.

Give AAC a break. They make good stuff, we can all attest to that. But unfortunately, we are not their 1st prior. They have hundreds of millions of dollars in government contracts and those of us who are patient will reap the benefit of all the testing and engineering that goes along with those contracts. I am sure AAC would love to provide all of us 1-2 can buyers with customer support 24/7 but get real... If you want a suppressor made by a company you can email, call and harass every day buy TBAC. It is proven those guys are available 24/7 and we are all their first priority.

David and Tigershark is good too. Try emailing him. I bet my pay check you'll get a response before you go to bed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are they still in business? I`ve called and left numerous emails and nothing back from them. I need some 90T Ratchet. </div></div>

Good money after bad. They don't' call back, don't answer emails.

I got an Evo-9 suppressor, NIB, 6 month wait, whole bit, no fucking o-rings. I called, called, emailed, nothing. Bought packages of rings through the recommended source.

Now having problems with their rat shit QD mounts, older style M4-1000 AND 51 tooth on 7.62 SDN can. They just don't lock up. No response. I'm not alone here.

Hoping there's a smart lawyer who has gotten fucked by them and is interested in a class action lawsuit. Product misrepresentation, not honoring warranty or something.

You're on your own.

Fuckers. </div></div>

Bitter much? Now and then when I see one of these threads I pick up the phone and call AAC...only to get a person on the phone who is more than helpful. If you can't get ahold of someone you're not trying hard enough (as is dialing the phone number). No issues with any of my cans or mounts either...

I have NEVER seen a problem with an AAC mount. I haven't had experience with there 90t, but their 51t is GTG.

AAC is on indefinite backorder at the moment for their cans. So you ain't gonna get one anytime soon if you order from them. There mounts should come fairly fast though, we get them in all the time.

I have had a lot of experience with the 50 tooth mounts. They do have a slight rattle to them but after a few rounds the carbon builds up and locks it in. Havent had a chance to use the 90t's but I'm sure they are gtg.