• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on shipping heavy ammunition?

Downtown

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    Not positive "Equipment" is the place for this question, but here goes. I inherited a large collection of Russian arms, which I've mostly sold off. I still have about twenty cases of ammunition, some 7.62x39 but the majority 7.62x54R. All still sealed. Russian, Polish, Serbian, some countries that aren't even there anymore. How does a non FFL sell and ship cases like this? Twenty cases is a lot of ammo! Advice would be very much appreciated.
    20200726_115808.jpg

You may want to look into doing a LTL drop shipment or something like that.
    Where are you located? Some folks may want to help you not ship it if you are open to selling it.

Easiest way is palletize the ammo, do a LTL shipment. That is if going to a single address.

Reactions: CaptNemo
    I have shipped UPS ground but you need to put the correct ORD-M sticker you can find on the web. Also you may need to split into 1 tuna can per when you ship due to weight

I doubt very much that I could find a buyer for all of it at once. I guess I pictured trying to sell it a case at a time on something like Gunbroker. It does seem like selling the cans separately would be necessary because of weight limitations. Shame, as the cases are so nicely sealed, with bands or cool lead seals. This has been quite the project. I had at least 35 M91 or M91/30 rifles to sell and I had to learn all those little codes to maximize value to the widow. Kept just a couple 91s, a few AK/AKSs and two SVT-40s. Still have quite a few ammo pouches, cleaning kits, and bayonets to sell. That stuff doesn't take up nearly as much room as 20 cases of ammo. Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.

Last edited:
    I doubt very much that I could find a buyer for all of it at once. I guess I pictured trying to sell it a case at a time on something like Gunbroker. It does seem like selling the cans separately would be necessary because of weight limitations. Shame, as the cases are so nicely sealed, with bands or cool lead seals. This has been quite the project. I had at least 35 M91 or M91/30 rifles to sell and I had to learn all those little codes to maximize value to the widow. Kept just a couple 91s, a few AK/AKSs and two SVT-40s. Still have quite a few ammo pouches, cleaning kits, and bayonets to sell. That stuff doesn't take up nearly as much room as 20 cases of ammo. Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.
    I would totally take an svt40 and a couple of cases off of you if i could 🤣😂

If you are near Idaho I would definitely buy a bunch of cases and if you have any AK mags I will buy those no matter where you are if you will ship them.
    you will be surprised how quickly this stuff will go if you list it on here, even if the ammo is local pickup only.

I sold 19 cases of m1 carbine one time. Their is a machine gun shoot called knob creek. Guy drove up to get it. Post away. You never know what will happen here

Reactions: OutThere
    Post up on local gun boards. FTF really is so much easier. post up for sell in the Accessories for sale section here with local pickup and your location.

Crazy as it sounds, Facebook marketplace is the ticket. Requires a little creativity in the posting so it doesn’t get flagged, but once it gets approved be prepared to get flooded with messages.

And I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow member and a fine gentleman 😁.

Reactions: Prebanpaul
    In today's times, some shipper or warehouse worker may look at those crates and think its some kind of terrorist risk with that Russian writing on there. I would wrap those crates in cardboard to cover up any of that before you ship it.