• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice re: AICS AT 2.0 vs Magpul Pro 700 vs. KMW Sentinel IMB

Model6520

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 17, 2012
Jackson, MS
I'm considering changing stocks. Currently running a KMW Sentinel w/ IMB. I generally like it but for the fact that it jams up my right hand (thumb) a bit and it's not ambidextrous. I thought about opening up the thumbhole with a dremel... but I'm not very good with a dremel so I'd likely ass it up. A man's gotta know his limitations, as they say.

As the title suggests, I'm strongly considering the AICS AT 2.0 and the Magpul Pro 700.

Important note: I'm running a Curtis Vector so I'm running AW mags. This makes me lean towards the AICS a tad. However, I like the ease of adjustability (thumbwheels) on the Magpul...but realistically...how often will I use this once I set it up).

I would really appreciate input from anyone who has used both the Magpul and AICS (& KMW) or at least sent rounds downrange with both? Especially if you have largish paws and not so longish fingers!

Finally, if I sell my KMW Sentinel IMB, what's a fair price (Pics attached)? I'd say it's in excellent used condition. I'm not sure what the Camo finish is called but It's really sharp...woodland'ish I'd say. I haven't seen many of these sell recently in the PX. Input appreciated.
KMW Sentinel IMB Lt.jpeg
KMW Sentinel IMB Rt.jpeg
KMW Sentinel IMB Top.jpeg
KMW Sentinel IMB BTM.jpg

The finish is McMillan camo. Made by McMillan a lot of people with short fingers really like the KMW stating that they can get a good flat finger press. These are worth whatever someone will pay but $ 800-850. Is about right in today's Covid economy. They are a fantastic stock and don't hit the PX that often. They retail from KMW for like 1350 so you may be able to get like $1000 for it. Just depends

Last edited:
Reactions: Model6520
Anyone have experience with BOTH the AICS AT 2.0 & the Magpul Pro 700 folder? Pros & Cons of one over the other?

That's my favorite stock I have seen to date as far as looks go. That being said, I have never shot with one.

That's my favorite stock I have seen to date as far as looks go. That being said, I have never shot with one.
I love it. I'd be perfect if the "thumbhole" were a bit bigger. It just jams me up a bit. I love the relatively short trigger reach.

Over winter I got into a great deal on a AICS 1.5 chassis for my wife's rig. She loves it. I had hopes she wouldn't like it and I would get it.. WRONG... lol