• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Advice sought-Sig Tango 6 vs Swaro Z5

357magag

357MAGAAG
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2013
Sulphur Springs TX
Needing your input here.
Have a Rem 300 Win Proof Barrel with Grarboe stock.
Plan on using it as a long range hunting rifle.

Debating between these.
Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44mm BRH
or Sig Tango 6 3-18 x 44 or even
Tango 6-24 x 50 (There are some good deals running on the Tango 6's right now)

Please tell me which and why you would choose that one.

Thanks for advice in advance.
DC

Strictly hunting probably the Swaro due to weight, size, and use. The Swaro gets good reviews because its a Swaro and there isn't much wrong with it (unless we are taking tactical/competition use). The only downside could be the 1" tube so it could limit your internal elevation adjustment but with the ballistic turret and reticle you are probably covered.
The Tango 6 is a great scope in its own right but it will be heavier and larger. Also many prefer 2nd focal plane scopes for hunting use. 34mm tube so you have more internal adjustment and the FFP reticle is correct no matter the magnification.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
The swaros turret is what limits it’s abilities. Turret limits you to one revolution so if your shot is much over 500 you’ll be holding in empty space since the turrets reticle options don’t have any vertical reference marks.

So what your definition of long range? Up to 500? Go swaro. Further than that? Something else.

I would check out the 3-18x44 mark 6 tactical scope. Its 24 oz, 12 inches long, low profile turrets and mil/mil setup. I have used mine in 1000 yard comps and anything from coyotes to shooting to a mile. Swarovski lack of elevation in the turrets are a pain

Strictly hunting probably the Swaro due to weight, size, and use. The Swaro gets good reviews because its a Swaro and there isn't much wrong with it (unless we are taking tactical/competition use). The only downside could be the 1" tube so it could limit your internal elevation adjustment but with the ballistic turret and reticle you are probably covered.
The Tango 6 is a great scope in its own right but it will be heavier and larger. Also many prefer 2nd focal plane scopes for hunting use. 34mm tube so you have more internal adjustment and the FFP reticle is correct no matter the magnification.
Pretty much this. I really dig the Tango6 scopes, but they're not the answer for everything. Also, it might be worth looking around for a Bushy LRHSi, as I really feel like they're as close to an ideal long range hunting scope that fits into the affordable realm.

Thanks I will look into those also.
How do they compare to a NF SHV?
I've never looked through an SHV, so unfortunately I have no feedback to offer other than to look at the available reticles for the SHV compared to the LRHSi and decide which one you like more. Additionally, I'm not sure if the SHV offers illumination (the LRHSi does, if that matters to you).

The shv can be had in illuminated reticle. For normal hunting use the Swarovski will be a better scope. Not many people make really long shots on game. And most that do sure shouldn’t be. I test guys all the time that think they can shoot deer at 500 yards. Throw a 6” plate at 420yards and I’ve only had one guy connect in the cold bore. A deer heart ain’t too far from that size.

I have the tango in 3-18 also. It is a decent scope. The image is no where near as bright in really low light as a swaro at the same power. Not even close. My tango has been a good scope though and tracks well and does what it’s supposed to do.

Will primarlily be used for hunting.
Looking for something really clear, great light gathering, tough, but also dumbed down to dial on a game animal quickly at various ranges?

The swaro has a 1inch tube!!
Almost seems like going back a few steps with a 2inch tube.

Thanks for all the hide members posting advice and please keep it coming.

The brh reticle has hold overs. There isn’t really a need for the added weigh of a 30 or 34mm tube on a light weight Hunting scope.

Besides the power range, these 2 scopes are very different for very different uses.