• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advise me on a scope for my Ruger American in 5.56

BrianXIX

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2022
RI
Hi everyone.
I'm new here and I just purchased my first bolt gun, a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. I'm pretty clueless as to what scope/rings I should by. The rifle will be for target shooting(up to 100 yds) and maybe varmit/SHTF. I'd like a scope that has clear glass, lightweight but durable, illumination is not a must have for me. I'm guessing 1x4 or 1x6, and I don't have the best eye sight. I'm of the buy once cry once mentality, and my budget is $700 but I'd be happy spending less if I over budgeted
Thank you in advance
Brian

Here’s mine. Sight in and two 3-shot groups at 100. Burris RT6 optic and Hornady steel match 55 HP
0A464A5F-10E7-4046-A2EC-B37A97AE84F8.jpeg

The Burris RT-6 1-6x24mm with FastFire III - Ballistic AR Illuminated is an excellent choice & for the $$$ a great scope
The RT-6 Tactical Kit is an RT-6 scope, FastFire 3 and P.E.P.R.™ mount. It makes for an outstanding kit for people just getting into 3-Gun or tactical shooting. The RT-6 is tearing up 3-Gun competitions everywhere, thanks to a great feature set: forgiving eye-box, compact scope length, true 1x, built-in throw levers, and great competition reticle. This kit gets you what you need to be competitive all in one box.

Hi everyone.
I'm new here and I just purchased my first bolt gun, a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. I'm pretty clueless as to what scope/rings I should by. The rifle will be for target shooting(up to 100 yds) and maybe varmit/SHTF. I'd like a scope that has clear glass, lightweight but durable, illumination is not a must have for me. I'm guessing 1x4 or 1x6, and I don't have the best eye sight. I'm of the buy once cry once mentality, and my budget is $700 but I'd be happy spending less if I over budgeted
Thank you in advance
Brian

Reactions: b6graham
What type/height rings are those?
Burris rings. Guessing mediums but that’s a guess

At work right now but can measure them tomorrow (if I remember) and get a definite answer for you. I really like the scope.