• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advise on trading

svt_tactical

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2010
North Carolina
I've been considering trading my Blaser R93 LRS1 for a bolt gun with the traditon bolt throw and safety configuration. I love the Blaser, scary accurate but it never fails I sometimes have to fiddle with the safety and almost every time try to lift the bolt handle as well. Am I overthinking this or should I just keep it and adapt?

Re: Advise on trading

fiddle with the safety how? Is the safety (no pun intended) a firearms safety issue? I think that perhaps you just need a little more time on the platform. I dont think you would want to get rid of it and kick yourself later for it.

i'd try and fix the gun before i got rid of it, unless you dont want the rifle anymore

There is nothing wrong with the gun, its just a different manipulation, you have to push the safety up and in to take it off. It is on the back of the bolt. It has a good amount of resistance to it as it engages the firing pin with this motion as well. Taking the safety off is up and out kinda and takes the pressure off the firing pin making it impossible to be fired with the safety on. Its not like a rem 700 where you just flip forward or back.

I believe that I would hold onto the rifle. I don't sell or trade guns much because they depreciate in value (for the most part same as cars) and I never think that I am getting back what I put into them. Just my 2 cents