• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AEM5/OCM5 Bolt action thread and taper dimensions?

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
So I've seen AEM5/OCM5 can on bolt actions and I've seen the taper and threads cut into the barrel so that no muzzle device was needed. Does anyone have the measurements and thread pitch needed to cut the mount directly into the profile of the barrel?

Look around in the gunsmith section. There was another thread on this at some point recently.

I found it. Maybe this would help a little

Look around in the gunsmith section. There was another thread on this at some point recently.

I found it. Maybe this would help a little

I saw this post. While it does mention the taper angle but it doesn't mention the thread pitch of the AEMB or the distance of the taper to the start of the treads. I was hoping some on here had actually done one and knew the exact information.

That thread literally has the prints from Allen Engineering.

Reactions: gac700
AEM5 mounts with a brake. You want to forego the brake? Call Ron.

Taper to muzzle shoulder is easy math you could have done. 2.5” from taper start to muzzle end less 0.61” call out muzzle thread.

Taper to muzzle shoulder is easy math you could have done. 2.5” from taper start to muzzle end less 0.61” call out muzzle thread.
That's for the AE30.... Different suppressor and wouldn't have a gunsmith make cut off just an assumption. I'm willing to bet you never done this there for have nothing to contribute.

I'm looking for information from someone who has actually done this or has the print/specs from some who has.

That's for the AE30.... Different suppressor and wouldn't have a gunsmith make cut off just an assumption. I'm willing to bet you never done this there for have nothing to contribute.

I'm looking for information from someone who has actually done this or has the print/specs from some who has.
Call Mike Lau at Texas Brigade Armory. He’s built m24 A2s using the Ops Inc 3rd model which threads on otb. Im sure he can do the same for the AEM5.

If not, Chad Dixon at LRI who can pretty much do anything on/to a rifle as long as it doesn’t violate the laws of physics.

The AE30 print IS the print to mount the AEM5 without a collar you fucking jackass. The threads on the outside of the brake would then occupy the area of the muzzle thread. You’re a moron; God bless.

M24 reflexes a full 2” more than the AEM5 or thereabouts.

The AE30 print IS the print to mount the AEM5 without a collar you fucking jackass. The threads on the outside of the brake would then occupy the area of the muzzle thread. You’re a moron; God bless.

M24 reflexes a full 2” more than the AEM5 or thereabouts.
I would be a moron if I took your word as fact. Not saying your wrong but I am saying I'm not looking for an opinion from a gun forum know-it-all that uses "thereabouts' as a measurement. I'm looking for information from someone that knows what they are talking about from experience and you are obviously not him. You can move on now.

1683852642245.png

The 5/8x24 to M22x1.0 is what you would change on the print. If you leave the barrel diameter forward of the taper at 0.850 you should be fine since the M22x1.0 threaded muzzle would be larger in diameter (22mm or roughly 0.866 inches). You can step down to the 0.725 or so if you want to more closely match the MK12 SPR barrel contour.

Last edited:
View attachment 8139618

The 5/8x24 to M22x1.0 is what you would change on the print. If you leave the barrel diameter forward of the taper at 0.850 you should be fine since the M22x1.0 threaded muzzle would be larger in diameter (22mm or roughly 0.866 inches). You can step down to the 0.725 or so if you want to more closely match the MK12 SPR barrel contour.

bringing this back up.... is the internal thread of the AEm5 actually the m22x1.0 metric thread? why did i think it was 1/2x28? i guess to keep someone from threading it on a skinny barrel with the 1/2x28 thread and no rear collar support.

You were probably thinking of the muzzle brake in the 2 piece system (muzzle brake + collar) that normally threads onto a 1/2x28 threaded barrel. That brake has outside threads that are M22x1.0 which the suppressor itself screws onto. When you cut the directly onto the barrel, you can forego the muzzle device and collar.

2 piece setup -
Machined shoulder for collar → Rear Tapered collar → muzzle thread 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 → muzzle device 1/2x28/M22x1.0 or 5/8x24/M22x1.0 (internal thread/external thread) → AEM/OCM Silencer

Cut direct onto barrel -
Machined Rear Taper → muzzle thread M22x1.0 → AEM/OCM silencer

Ryan Beck of Base Camp Customs did a custom CNC program for mine to maximize barrel length. I'd highly recommend him

Yeah you hooked me up with him. Had it in the works since last year. Just was looking at the spec right now