• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Randallk

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2012
I have a 16” cle barrel and a 12” hand guard. Gun is a Daniel defense. Wanting to get a Allen engineering AEM5. Do I have enough barrel past the hand guard to mount collar for suppressor?

The middle one is a 16" with a SPR contour with standard brake/collar. The PRI handguard is 12.5".
72763277_10157700683538035_8044606202199408640_o.jpg

Top is standard 18" MK12 Mod 0 (AEM5 with standard brake/collar)
Middle 16" Mod H (AEM 5 with standard brake/collar)
Bottom is 10.5" with SAS direct thread. Can is recessed under handguard.

All handguards are the same 12.5" PRI.

The guys over at Allen Engineering are awesome to work with too. My barrel was slightly out of spec and instead of getting the barrel pulled and contoured. They just made me a custom collar that would fit my barrel.

Reactions: greg1147
I talked to Ron at AE about using my AEM5 on a 11.5" Rosco Barrel. He told me to get the dimensions and would machine the collar for the correct fit, no extra charge. Thats what I call customer service.

Thanks to Ron at Allen Engineering
Got my machined collar from Ron at Allen Engineering and my AEM5 was released from ATF jail took 7 months to the day.
All on the same day must be karma.
Now to the range and get practical practice.

Reactions: deersniper
My very first can was an OPS 15th model. Still have it today while I've sold others. I have beat the shit out of it over the last 10 years. Still one of my favorite for the way it sounds and the repeatability.

I planned on picking up another TBAC just so i share the same suppressor mount between all of my rifles, but I want an AE can every time I see one... I would love one on a small diet.

Last edited: