• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero BCG work in LMT MWS?

jljr23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2018
KY
As the title says, looking for a straight answer on this. I've got a LMT BCG on order but don't foresee it showing up anytime soon and is holding my build back. My thought was to purchase an Aero BCG to run in the meantime, with checking headspace gauges, and throw the LMT bcg in when it arrives. At that point the Aero would just be a "hot spare".

I've not found a definitive answer so just looking for guidance.

If it helps, I’ve used a Gen 1 MWS BCG in a DPMS pattern 308 build with no issues.

The .308 upper receiver gets a little tricky. I have not tried that mix. I will tell you, I have tried many mixes, and found it best with LMT and KAC to stay with LMT, KAC and LaRue. They have similar architectures, and have parts that can be interchanged. Not many, but some. We swap BCGs between LMT and KAC all day long, but not with other brands. We have tried other receivers with KAC and LMT barrels and BCGs, largely without success, but not the other way around. You could try it.

I would recommend going with a Rubber City Armory BCG, they work in the MWS and the finish is very nice. They also offer a high pressure bolt for 6.5.