• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero precision customer service.

BusterB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
Bristol, VA
I just wanted to plug a good experience since most rarely take the time to give thanks but will roast a company over nothing.
I had ordered a reciever set from aero and picked the option to go ahead and have them install the lower parts kit. When I recieved it there were pieces missing from the lower.
I filled out the online customer service form and figured I wouldn't hear anything back from them and would have to call in a few days.
I was pleasantly surprised when I recieved a response the next business day, and the lady that called me was extremely apologetic and helpful and got the parts out right away.
the recievers look great and fit together very well.
If anyone is looking for great value parts I highly recommend looking at aero

Immediately following Sandy Hook and the run on the gun market Aero increased the prices of their stripped lowers by 300%. Is that customer service? I'm going to spend my money with companies that act to keep their customers happy long term, not try and make maximum profits in the short term.

And they still sold out due to idiots buying out of ignorance. It is my opinion that anyone who paid the exorbitant amount for components at that time deserved lose some cash.
Most arent who I consider to be active members of the shooting community anyway, just panic buyers thinking they could snag one now and swing a profit later.
If the company is going to sell out anyway I would rather see them mark the price and use the profit for economical r&d (ie a $288 ar-10 set) rather than some dopehead buy them out at normal price then jack it up and sell it for their profit to any yahoo on the street that probably couldn't buy them from a gun shop anyway.

Immediately following Sandy Hook and the run on the gun market Aero increased the prices of their stripped lowers by 300%.

Those Capitalist Pig-Dogs! The nerve of nerve of some companies, charging what the market allows!

Immediately following Sandy Hook and the run on the gun market Aero increased the prices of their stripped lowers by 300%. Is that customer service? I'm going to spend my money with companies that act to keep their customers happy long term, not try and make maximum profits in the short term.

You sir are entitled to buy from who you want to when you want to. When you run a company you can make the decision what to sell things for. Until then your opinion is worthless. Did you buy what you thought was an overpriced lower? I didn't think so! You cannot be fucked if you don't spread your ass open! Go away!

So far, the Aero Precision uppers I have been ordering are already square when I run the lapping tool on them for an initial test to see if the face is true. No need to remove anodizing, just assemble and be happy for me.

I like their ambi bolt catch lower too, where you can lock with the firing hand finger as a righty. Their Cerakote deals are great as well.

And they still sold out due to idiots buying out of ignorance. It is my opinion that anyone who paid the exorbitant amount for components at that time deserved lose some cash.

Most arent who I consider to be active members of the shooting community anyway, just panic buyers thinking they could snag one now and swing a profit later.
I don't think either one of these statements are true nor are they fair to the "shooting community" as I remember during the panic governments were enacting anti gun laws almost overnight. I'm at the top end of my fifties now and I've owned rifles since I was eight, I was around when the Clinton administration enacted the assault weapons ban and didn't realize the full impact until it was to late.

One year before Sandy Hook my brother also in his fifties purchased a RRA Predator which we had great fun with during our range trips. I had intended to purchase an AR but hadn't gotten around to it when the said tragedy took place I ended up purchasing a complete assembled lower and another Aero Precision stripped lower directly from them to save back for my teenage son who is now in collage and yes I paid to much for it and I still have it but I don't consider myself a dumb ass but I do consider myself part of the "shooting community".

I bought some stuff at higher prices during the panic. Was that the seller's fault? Not at all. I also risked going without some items when I thought the price was more than I was willing to pay. Also my decision.

Looking back, it seemed likely their product was going to be outlawed, and people were willing to spend big money to get it before that happens, it only makes sense to profit before you get shut down. Had they not raised their own prices, others would have bought out their stock, to turn around and gouge or hoard.

Last edited:
I'll take issue with Aero and not because of the price increase. These guys need to get their shit together. Stories of missing parts, delayed shipping, and over selling with back ordering are becoming all too common with them. They also were purchased by a local company here who wanted to try and compete with Rainier Arms, Seekins, and Mega Arms by jumping on the bandwagon which resulted in them knocking off certain features that were part of other peoples designs.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...any-other-bad-experiences-aero-precision.html

I'll take issue with Aero and not because of the price increase. These guys need to get their shit together. Stories of missing parts, delayed shipping, and over selling with back ordering are becoming all too common with them. They also were purchased by a local company here who wanted to try and compete with Rainier Arms, Seekins, and Mega Arms by jumping on the bandwagon which resulted in them knocking off certain features that were part of other peoples designs.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...any-other-bad-experiences-aero-precision.html

All of these companies play off of ideas from one another look at the M-LOK technology hell everybody is offering it now. As for customer service you would be hard pressed to find any company at the retail or manufacturing level that has never had a shipping delay or over sold a product or upset a customer over some policy.

I know for a fact Mega Arms stopped selling their monolithic uppers because LMT had a patient on a similar Continues Optic Platform (COP) but they have gone back into production with a revised design.

Much to do about nothing IMO... I'm going to move on to another thread here at the hide as innuendo, rumor and conjecture are best left to the AR15 crowd...

I grabbed myself and upper and lower and also one of their 308 sets. I couldn't be happier. Took em about a week to ship to me, but it was right after one of their sales so I wasn't too annoyed. It also helped that I was 3000 miles away from my FFL for the next three weeks. I have a MATEN set as well (sporting a 260 barrel). Bought it right before the Aero 308 sets came out. If I had to do it again, I'd be hard pressed to spend the extra coin on the Mega (though I do like the integrated rail!).

All of these companies play off of ideas from one another look at the M-LOK technology hell everybody is offering it now. As for customer service you would be hard pressed to find any company at the retail or manufacturing level that has never had a shipping delay or over sold a product or upset a customer over some policy.

I know for a fact Mega Arms stopped selling their monolithic uppers because LMT had a patient on a similar Continues Optic Platform (COP) but they have gone back into production with a revised design.

Much to do about nothing IMO... I'm going to move on to another thread here at the hide as innuendo, rumor and conjecture are best left to the AR15 crowd...

I live near Aero. Surplus Ammo & Arms now owns Aero and for the very reasons I stated as told to me by their own employees. Conjecture? Lol... ok...

I picked up an ambi lower and a no FA upper from them a while ago. Both receivers fit great. Good CS and timely shipping. No complaints.

I have a couple of Aero lowers, purchased pre-panic at what were then excellent prices. Not bad, especially for the price. One feature many don't realize is that their lowers come already threaded for the take-down pin detent set-screw mod. One complaint: the anodizing seems to be a little "softer" and therefore less durable in my experience (MHO, of course). I know they claim it to be Type III Class 2 currently but I thought I'd read it was Type II shortly after I purchased them about 4 years ago, although I can find nothing to support that now.

One feature many don't realize is that their lowers come already threaded for the take-down pin detent set-screw mod.

That feature was taken from the Seekin's design...

That feature was taken from the Seekin's design...

Not sure I'd give Seekins the credit for that feature... I have a Spikes lower that came threaded, purchased long before Seekins started offering lowers, at least that I know of.

You're telling me that if you owned stocks in company you would sell them at what you paid for them rather than collecting a profit? You're kidding yourself if you think you wouldn't take a profit and to somehow think that firearms are not a commodity just like stocks is dumb.

I understand the view that many people hold where a company is allowed to do whatever it wants to maximize its own profits. I can even respect people who hold that viewpoint without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Firearms are in an odd position of being both a commodity and a community. Yes there are companies that manufacture products and consumers who buy them. It is also a market where the politics of the nation introduce huge swells of demand based on fear. There was the run 2008 when Obama was elected and recently the run after Sandy Hook. These are just the recent history. These runs occurred because the firearms owners were afraid that the government would step in and impose regulation (or worse) on what they could purchase. Why were so many people panic buying if guns are a right guaranteed to us? It is because many people believe that with the wrong event or wrong leadership in the government enough public support could be swayed to change the gun laws in this nation. In order to prevent this from happening all of the people involved in the firearms world, including those who manufacture firearms as a commodity, must join together as a community and provide a strong voice representing our right to bear arms. It is a matter of playing the long game and keeping our rights versus maximizing profits in the short term.

There are a number of companies who chose to support the firearms community during the last panic. Look at Magpul and their Boulder Airlift program where they prioritized PMAGS to citizens of Colorado before the ban went into place. Or smaller shops like Seekins Precision who continued to make quality products without jacking prices into the stratosphere. Aero has the right to charge whatever it wants for its products whenever it wants, just as I have the right to spend my money where I choose. I am choosing to spend my money with companies who can produce excellent products at affordable prices, and who will help ensure that my son has the same right to bear arms that I do.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd give Seekins the credit for that feature... I have a Spikes lower that came threaded, purchased long before Seekins started offering lowers, at least that I know of.

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing where all the detent holders are threaded to hold in the springs?

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing where all the detent holders are threaded to hold in the springs?

Yup, I believe we are: take-down pin detent hole threaded for a 4-40 set screw to retain the spring when the stock or receiver extension endplate is removed... ;)

i bet your the same type of guy that buys larue and noveske's overpriced stuff too and just accepts thats what it cost...without ever realizing that they are 300-500% overcharging since it began...

bench

Yup, I believe we are: take-down pin detent hole threaded for a 4-40 set screw to retain the spring when the stock or receiver extension endplate is removed... ;)

Interesting... That would explain the lack of a patent from either. The Seekins does also have a set screw for the safety detent as well, but if the idea was from Spikes then credit needs to be given where it's due. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

i bet your the same type of guy that buys larue and noveske's overpriced stuff too and just accepts thats what it cost...without ever realizing that they are 300-500% overcharging since it began...

bench

Either your statement is misunderstood or you're wrong since Noveske and Larue did NOT raise their prices 300-500% when the prices soared.

Interesting... That would explain the lack of a patent from either. The Seekins does also have a set screw for the safety detent as well, but if the idea was from Spikes then credit needs to be given where it's due. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Nick;

I'm curious about the safety detent mod on the Seekins receiver. I've been under the impression that the safety detent couldn't be retained by a set screw since most of the spring recesses into a hole in the top of the hand-grip. How does Seekins overcome this?

BTW: as far as crediting Spikes for the take-down detent mod, I don't think I'd go that far either... They were the first manufacturer that I came across that offered that feature but I saw it as a DIY mod long before seeing it from Spikes. I'm pretty sure it would be considered what the tech guys call "public domain" ;)

Nick;

I'm curious about the safety detent mod on the Seekins receiver. I've been under the impression that the safety detent couldn't be retained by a set screw since most of the spring recesses into a hole in the top of the hand-grip. How does Seekins overcome this?

BTW: as far as crediting Spikes for the take-down detent mod, I don't think I'd go that far either... They were the first manufacturer that I came across that offered that feature but I saw it as a DIY mod long before seeing it from Spikes. I'm pretty sure it would be considered what the tech guys call "public domain" ;)

I know you have to cut the springs down, but other than that as far as I'm aware there's no other modification to anything that was made.