• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aero precision

Comes down to what you want to spend, but the TriggerTech Adaptable DLC'd is fantastic.

For the money, it's tough to beat the MBT. That being said, I also have two SSA-E's. It honestly comes down to preference but for half the price it's stupid not to go for the MBT.

First off, I'm a trigger snob. I have Geissele in pretty much ALL of my rifles. The SR25 has the stock trigger and so does the HTI, they both have phenomenal triggers. An FAL has a Jard, which is phenomenal for an FAL but I wouldn't use it in AR (they're similar in design).

If you want a budget trigger that performs like an SSA or 3g, Brownell's sells two triggers they have Geiessele make for them. The differences are minute and not really important. But when Brownell's puts their Geissele triggers on sale, those two drop to like $130. One is a similar to a 3g trigger, the other a 2 stage. I use the fast ones in 3 rack grade rifles and honestly, they feel about as good as an SSA and it's hard to tell the difference, if you can.

I prefer the SSA-E. Probably best all around. In SBR's I like 3g triggers for the most part, or single stage now that they make 'em. My only one with a HI-Speed is a tack driving Grendel. The set screws haven't come loose since blue loctited in place ten+ years ago, so maybe I should have used more of them. I was worried about set screws in a trigger, hence the SSA-E which is similar but not adj., not as fast, no set screws. For a dependable and accurate rifle, I'd still go with SSA-E, and there really isn't much at all to adjust out of 'em anyway.

I've had the opportunity to try pretty much ALL of the triggers on the market. Ranier has 'em on cut down lowers so you can test all their triggers. I thought the hyperfire was a gimmick, but when I tried it I have to admit I was impressed. Wilson costs more but makes a good single stage. Geiessle makes a single stage now too --almost as fast as 3g but with les risk of doubles and the safety of a 2 stage setup (but it is in fact a TRUE single stage). They didn't have the Larue, I wish they did just to compare it to others.

My advice is to wait until Brownells has another sale. They just had one a couple weeks back but it seems like they cut Geissele prices at least five or six times a year. So just be patient. Others have sales too, so just be patient and look often.

Reactions: AMP!
I’m with Strykervet, wait for a sale or get a used Geissele on the exchange here. MBT sucks IMO, but I’m a snob too I guess. My buddy just got an MBT and it’s just feels like a hair better than a quality milspec to me. Still not very smooth. Too much Takeup. Long reset. Etc. Go for a Geissele Andrew you won’t be disappointed.

I just picked up a Geissele off the Hide exchange for half off a few days ago. Keep a look out.

The Brownell's G2S-E trigger is effectively an SSA-E with different pins and no laser engraving. I got that info directly from Geissele. They are a great deal at their regular price, but when they go on sale they are probably the best deal out there.

With that, I did just put a Hi Speed National match in mine...that trigger is just on another level for a pure precision rifle. If you can swing the cost, I would recommend that over everything else out there.

The Brownell's G2S-E trigger is effectively an SSA-E with different pins and no laser engraving. I got that info directly from Geissele. They are a great deal at their regular price, but when they go on sale they are probably the best deal out there.
Thats what I heard and its what I got for 150 bucks and I have no complaints. 2.3 and 1.2 pounds its just perfect for a light trigger thats not too light for an ar.

There was a big test of drop in triggers a while back, the stand outs to me were the Rise RA140 which is middle of the pack performance but I've bought one for $72 and the high end Elftman trigger which had the best performance but expensive.

In that test they had an LPK trigger and a Giselle for controls. The Rise trigger had a trigger trace just as good as the Giselle.

I have also bought a few Larue MBTs, I'm hoping they perform a bit better than an RRA two stage but with better durability since they are cut from tool steel. I have one RRA and I'm not super impressed...

Personally, I don't think the difference between match triggers is enough to explain my accuracy or lack thereof.

Most of my match trigger experience is with an old $140 Chip McCormick single stage drop in and an SR Gold which was nearly $300. Anything as good or better than my Chip McCormick seems to be good enough for me. There was a newer Chip McCormick in that trigger test and it was middle of the pack like the RA140.

Since that test, there might be triggers that have eclipsed the Elftman but I don't think I need to go that expensive.

Hiperfire for all my precision stuff...

I have standardized on the 24E for most of my AR15/10's. They flipin rock using my dreaded bump-fire stock or any type of fast combat simulated shooting. Zero failures! My new AR10 308 build has one. I find them excellent for precision as well but I prefer a single stage trigger.

im thinking triggertech adjustable thanks

I have the flat adjustable triggertech in my small and large frame AR builds and they feel great. Not cheap, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I have the Geissele DMR trigger (adjustable) in my 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 build. I think they come with 3 different spring sets now vs when I bought mine. I have some of the SSA and SSA-E triggers as well in other rifles. If you are building for precision then hard to beat the adjustable Geissele.

Timney Calvin Elite. I used to think the Hiperfire 24c was great but it feels like a polished mil spec compared to the CE.

I run Hiperfire 24c in my 3gun rifle. Its built for SPEED,,,, but you can be pretty accurate with it.

My 6.5CM Gas gun has Giessele SD-E Very Very nice two stage trigger.