• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Affordable/quality ballhead

Codeman89

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2014
Been running this new ball head made by a local to me fella. Very happy with the quality. I would compare it to the RRS I’ve used in the past but not near the price. Check them out they are in the process of making a video. And he has them in stock

They are also on Facebook

Pic

Attachments

• 637FA032-2C14-4A84-A29E-33AD7124D65D.jpeg
    637FA032-2C14-4A84-A29E-33AD7124D65D.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 116
Looks solid, but could you even get more of an angle than a leveling base the way that collar is designed?

There aren’t any specs on the site for weight ratings.

Reactions: THEIS
The tripod head looks interesting but they need to flesh out their website more with info like weight capacity, range of motion, dimensions, etc... They also need to not rip images and descriptions right off of a manufacturer's site of the keymod and mlok adapters or state that they're selling Tactical Tough Tools products. The way it's listed on the site makes it seem like they're manufacturing and selling them.

Sorry guys I will let him know you concerns, he just got started with them. He is making them in house. He will be making a video to show the ins and outs. As for the RRS comparison. For the needs I use one for ( mainly coyote hunting) they work just as good for a lot less price.

Sorry guys I will let him know you concerns, he just got started with them. He is making them in house. He will be making a video to show the ins and outs. As for the RRS comparison. For the needs I use one for ( mainly coyote hunting) they work just as good for a lot less price.
What specifically is making in house? Is he machining everything in house? Source parts and assembling? Little of both? The clamp piece looks quite familiar.

He is making the housing system. The Arca products he obviously buys from somewhere. It’s a very simple design

He is making the housing system. The Arca products he obviously buys from somewhere. It’s a very simple design
This would be my concern. It looks like some readily available on Amazon, and if so, I have tried several, and you really need to crank on that knob to get it to stay put (and even then, not a lot of luck). My RRS arca clamp for an Atlas is the only one ive used that doesnt have this issue. Im guessing thread design on the cheaper imported version is functionally quite different than something more quality makers use.

Still, at $180, it may very well be a great value. Just not sure id throw out RRS comparisons.

Again not comparing the Arca stuff but simply the ball head. I run a hog saddle type clamp on mine. As for the Arca stuff I have no clue where it’s coming from

Again not comparing the Arca stuff but simply the ball head. I run a hog saddle type clamp on mine. As for the Arca stuff I have no clue where it’s coming from
Well, if he's taking suggestions - perhaps offer only the ballhead. (Unless that is what is offered - I'm just assuming by the image, the clamp is included)

Looks like a great idea. Ive been though a few tripods and ballheads and Ill tell ya. You get what you pay for..
For me, im not comfortable trusting a 300 tripod ballhead set up to hold a 10,000 rifle/thermal set up. When the temperatures drop and the oil or lubricants freeze in the ballhead, another 250 dosent sound like its too much to not have issues.
Just my opinion though.

Reactions: Sierra770
Well I understand your concern but we have been using these for 2 years now in sub 20 degree weather even down to single digits coyote hunting and they havnt failed us. 4 prototypes were made last year and tested over 2 hunting seasons before he decided to sell them

I’m considering getting a a bit nicer tripod for some rifle and spotter use.
that vault kit looks intriguing.

I am new to tripod stuff but I went with the sunwayfoto at Brownells. Simply because I don’t know shit about ball heads and Brownells will always take it back no questions asked if I trash it.

You could a lot worse than an RRS universal leveling base. 20* in either direction is more than most ever need.

I put a small dab of white lithium grease on my finger rub on the ball and it works great

So, has anyone sprung for one of these. I have to admit that the simplicity of the design is intriguing...

he Has sold over 50 and the reviews he’s getting are great. Once I set mine I rarely adjust tension