• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Afghanistan - May 2010 - Pictures

Re: Afghanistan - May 2010 - Pictures

Please do not take this the wrong way, I love seeing these types of pictures to remind me what all of you guy's and gal's do for our country every day.....THANK YOU......Be safe and praying for a safe return home to all of your famlies.

All of you are truly HEROS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could take a place of one of you, So you could be with your Loved ones...

Happy Memorial Day

great pics! looks like a billion pixels!
great use of depth of field....deliberately putting the background out of focus brings your attention to the subject.

A lot of our boys from 1/17 in here. All good pictures.

To think we were supposed to be finished over there in 10 years with our original commitment. It is now a 50 year commitment. I wonder how long it will take to erase the Taliban from the face of the Earth because that is what it's going to take to finally civilize Afghanistan back to what it was in the 70's.

I am on the second month of waiting for my best bro to come home so we can ride together and just screw off with bikes, cigars, bourbon, and barbeque. Smoked a cigar last night and had an empty glass next to me for him

There's a lot to be learned from how well Japan has done in the past 50 years or so.

Ah, but Japan was a feudal state that worked ahrd to move forward into a 20th century position, as well as being a homogonous society.
Afghanistan on the otherhand is still a society of Warlord's, and made up of several tribal feifdom's. Dari's hate the Pashtoon, Tajik's are looked at lowly but can't stand the Pashtoon. I could list a few more, each and everyone not getting along with the other and ALL working toward a goal of tribal domination within the Islamic Sharia Law. That is the reason Britian gave it up in the latter 19th century and why the Soviet's got their asses handed to them. The place will only stay civilized as long as their is a coalition dedicated to supressing the tribal influences, and systematically removing the Warlord's and their tribal influences.
The best anyone can hope for is to sit at a small table with a few folks from the local area, sip chai, and work a local plan. That is great until the next guy comes along and decides he needs to tax everyone so it all begins again.

haha I know the dude in the pic for 2-1 5/2! awesome pics! 1-17 had it the worst this deployment my regards go out to their families.

also, the pic of the marine with the 240G is sweet! not to mention all the coverage that the Germans and Canucks are getting. haven't seen alot of them out here.

Outstanding.
My son is there as well.
Infantry Marine w/ 3/7 Lima Co. out of 29 Palms
God bless all our troops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThudF105d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding.
My son is there as well.
Infantry Marine w/ 3/7 Lima Co. out of 29 Palms
God bless all our troops. </div></div>

My Cousin is a Gunnery Sergeant 1st LAR Bn, He left in Aprilish maybe march, We had planned on going out to Cali to see him before he left but he ended up leaving 2 weeks earlier than he said. Turns out I have a gig at Camp Leatherneck and will be leaving next week. Maybe I will get to see him there.