• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

That's the problem with flat head screws, the Allen key size is small relative to the thread size. I'm right there with ya, I've stripped everything out except for the Quick-Loc and the accessory screws since those all use 4mm Allen keys. The 2.5mm and 3mm head screws all get stripped quite easily.

I have bins of metric screws from all the AI related stuff I've been working on, so any time I take a screw out, I chuck it and replace it with a new one. Cheap insurance to help avoid it getting stripped out.

Yup, countersunk stuff can be a pain in the butt. I've dealt with a TON of super small stuff on RC Cars over the years and honestly, it's not the screws that are the problem its cheapo Allen wrenches that round-off and then screw up the hex on the screw. If you deal with a lot of them a good set of hex drivers is well worth the money IMO

These are the best I've seen, they make them for the smaller size up to 3mm I think?

Jake

Reactions: pucker and samb300
I'll second the AX "showroom demo" route already mentioned. I've seen some of what EO has in this category...they've never been fired, and I couldn't find a mark on them. (I'm about as picky an individual you'll find)

At <$5k, it's a no-brainer...if you're looking to go the AX buttstock route.

Add Sam's chassis AND a barrel of your choice..you're still < normal AX price.

Reactions: Btrain and RS14
Yup, countersunk stuff can be a pain in the butt. I've dealt with a TON of super small stuff on RC Cars over the years and honestly, it's not the screws that are the problem its cheapo Allen wrenches that round-off and then screw up the hex on the screw. If you deal with a lot of them a good set of hex drivers is well worth the money IMO

These are the best I've seen, they make them for the smaller size up to 3mm I think?

Jake
Agree with Jake on the sloppy wrench problem. Bought a set of Integy years ago for RC helo, and I use them for all 3.0mm and below screws. They're a tight fit in everything, including AI.

For screws >3mm, Fix-it Stick bits seem to be decent fit.

Integy wrenches

Bump

84834015_3029433480408652_125796229140447232_o.jpg

Waiting on Anarchy Outdoors to send me the cheek piece. Ordered it right after i ordered the AX stock. Yall know how fast Mile High gets shit out the door. Hope they get the cheek piece out soon.

Reactions: RS14
Samb300 any luck with the green for the A/T? I have a green A/T and was looking to keep the thumb hole skins I have on

Samb300 any luck with the green for the A/T? I have a green A/T and was looking to keep the thumb hole skins I have on
Shouldn't be a problem to have the cerakoter match the AT green. I'll need to get a sample of the green skins at some point though. I have PB and DE skins, and I have my factory sage green AX chassis, but I don't have anything in the original green.

I'm actually meeting with my local cerakoter this week to do some test painting, hopefully we can get those three colors figured out!

I have the green factory pistol grip skins if you need them for a sample. Oh and I’ll take a chassis

I have the green factory pistol grip skins if you need them for a sample. Oh and I’ll take a chassis
Sounds great, yeah the factory green skins would help. I'm hoping that will be an easier match than the sage green which is some witches brew lol

Sam!!

Design a steel weight bag rider for the AX stock.

So we can balance it out better with the forearm weights.

Sam!!

Design a steel weight bag rider for the AX stock.

So we can balance it out better with the forearm weights.
I tagged you in a PM this morning, not sure if you saw it.

I have an 11oz steel butt pad spacer weight that is currently in queue for machining at Anarchy Outdoors. The benefit of that design is it will be the same shape and thickness of the AI plastic spacers, so it will work on AT, AX, AXMC, and I’m assuming the legacy AW and AE.

The only real downside is if you run a very short LOP, your ability to add weight will be limited.

I have been working on an AX bag rider for longer than I’d like to admit. I think I have settled on attaching via the Picatinny rail, but I haven’t finalized a design. I am leaning more towards a 3D printed or aluminum bag rider, and keeping any add on weight with the spacers.

The big thing with the bag rider is the actual design. Should it be flat or angled? Have a hook or not? Move along with the LOP adjustment of the AX or not? These are the things I spend too much time thinking about lol

Reactions: RS14
I’ll check. Somehow I have 223 unanswered PM’s. So I miss a lot.

Hard to go wrong with a straight and angled option. Or something like the XLR rider.

I think mostly people just want the weight for balance. You can make most anything work in prone or modified prone.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Thanks @RS14 !

Unfortunately with the nationwide shut downs I’m not sure how that will affect the machine shop that will be making these. Best case they’re still open and making parts, worst case they’ll be shut down like many other companies.

I made it to the range over the weekend to break in my new Bartlein MTU 6GT barrel. Looking forward to when our WI match season starts, whenever that will actually be.

Edited to add: I’m still taking pre-orders, and will be for the foreseeable future (until the machine shop is needing to order material).

E9587C16-5134-44E4-959E-19171BE5A9A5.jpeg

779B68D2-87E9-4EA8-9AD4-C130E059F11E.jpeg

Reactions: sleeplz and RS14
Thanks @RS14 !

Unfortunately with the nationwide shut downs I’m not sure how that will affect the machine shop that will be making these. Best case they’re still open and making parts, worst case they’ll be shut down like many other companies.

I made it to the range over the weekend to break in my new Bartlein MTU 6GT barrel. Looking forward to when our WI match season starts, whenever that will actually be.

Edited to add: I’m still taking pre-orders, and will be for the foreseeable future (until the machine shop is needing to order material).

View attachment 7281156

View attachment 7281158

Obviously I cant say I know cause I don't. But I would assume as a educated guess something like a machine shop would only shut down if they were absolutely mandated to or they just couldn't get material. They don't usually have a influx of customers walking around. So its a lower risk environment. But I know shipping and material supplies are being effected. hopefully this all comes to a end soon.

I've got some good news!

- I talked to the machine shop, they are currently deemed "essential" and are still operating at normal capacity. As of this week, they are still on schedule for the quoted lead time. Obviously things could change in the next few weeks but I'll let you know if I hear anything further.

- I'm close to having a color match on the AI colors. I'll say this; they won't be perfect, since the colors and recipes are proprietary to AI, but they will be as close as we can get them. Sage Green is really close, and we've almost got the Dark Earth. Funny thing is, the Cerakote AI Dark Earth is not a match to the DE skins, as evidenced by @BLKWLFK9 's chassis. We're just waiting on one more tan color to try to match the Pale Brown. Still need to work on the "classic" AI Green, so if anyone has a recipe for that please let me know!

Sam

The pre-order is still live, let me know if you’re interested!
View attachment 7300296View attachment 7300297
Man it looks so good. Makes me wish I had money to buy another AI just so I had reason to buy another chassis. Shoot wish I had the money just to order another chassis to have on hand. Anyways, I just cant wait till mine arrives so I can stop drooling over all the photos. lol.

Reactions: samb300
Will this chasis accommodate a Proof competition contour? I’m ordering a couple of barrels.

This chassis is designed to automatically give you an addition 10 hits at the point of registration for a match. Its an automatic 12 hits for an AG cup qualifier. Barricades tremble in fear when it sees a shooter approach with an AO chassis, then yield to the shooters will. Port holes open wide like a dilating vagina moments before birthing a 10 lb baby, leaving the shooter plenty of room to do his work. An AI rifle becomes majestic like Excalibur, and shooter like King Arthur.

The question is not "can you afford an AO chassis." The question is "can you afford NOT to buy an AO chassis."

This chassis is designed to automatically give you an addition 10 hits at the point of registration for a match. Its an automatic 12 hits for an AG cup qualifier. Barricades tremble in fear when it sees a shooter approach with an AO chassis, then yield to the shooters will. Port holes open wide like a dilating vagina moments before birthing a 10 lb baby, leaving the shooter plenty of room to do his work. An AI rifle becomes majestic like Excalibur, and shooter like King Arthur.

The question is not "can you afford an AO chassis." The question is "can you afford NOT to buy an AO chassis."
I see you’re working on your precision rifle themed erotic novel during the pandemic shut down haha.

It’s a bit scary...and I think I like it.

My AI now speaks to me. I am but a vessel.
Don't play so innocent, Dave, you & Sam have cost me thousands this year... Got me all cranked up on the AO chassis so I ordered one of those (just in case), now I've got my first AI coming!

Thanks for your business!

My goal was always to have an AT + AO chassis + AX buttstock be equal to or less than the cost of a factory AX. Looks like the numbers do work out that way, especially with a fixed AT if the plan is to get an AX buttstock.

This was basically what I was looking at. I wonder if Mile High would offer this as a package for those of us not so familiar with AI's as to immediately go wrenching on one.

This was basically what I was looking at. I wonder if Mile High would offer this as a package for those of us not so familiar with AI's as to immediately go wrenching on one.
Unfortunately I don’t think any of the big shops like MH and EO will be involved with the project due to their agreements with AI. They will however, likely be able to work with anyone looking at a fixed AT + AX buttstock or an ATLE. Get you setup with everything you need, but have the chassis swap still be up to you.

I’ve had some conversations with smaller shops on carrying the chassis, but nothing firm yet. Understandably with the pandemic they don’t want to carry inventory on a pre-order product right now.

The bright side of this is, you dont have to be intimately familiar with AI's to be able to do this. Sam provides a detailed video on de-bonding, and installing your action into the AO chassis. The only things you need to have besides the kit is a vice of some sorts, heat gun/torch, rubber gloves (optional), beer, and common sense.

The bright side of this is, you dont have to be intimately familiar with AI's to be able to do this. Sam provides a detailed video on de-bonding, and installing your action into the AO chassis. The only things you need to have besides the kit is a vice of some sorts, heat gun/torch, rubber gloves (optional), beer, and common sense.
If I double up on beer, can I make up for a lack of common sense? I'm good with everything else on the list...

So if I buy two do my match pointes double? Or how does that work? especially being I only have one rifle to begin with? I need more of your expertise. lol

Hey, question for you guys on pre-order.

Would you rather have the NV Bridge + Pic rail be black anodized, or cerakoted to color match the chassis?

My initial plan was to anodize, but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards cerakoting everything to match. Which ever way I do it, it'll be all of them. Too much of a hassle to custom order some of them as cerakote and some of them as anodize.

I’m going to have a black AX stock (Sage chassis), so I’m good with black, but Cerakote to match would be good too.

I'm getting black so I'm boring but if the chassis will be anodized and black, keep it all anodized. If the chassis will be cerakoted black, then keep it all cerakoted.