• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Aftermarket ar-15 trigger recommendation

Jeremybj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Hey guys,

Looking to upgrade my ar trigger to an aftermarket setup. The gun is just a dink around ar, it will have the ss HD 1-6 on top of it if that ever shows up.

Anyway, looking for a recommendation on what trigger to go with, basically I want to keep the budget in line but still get a quality trigger.

I am thinking a 3 pound break is what I'm after.

Re: Aftermarket ar-15 trigger recommendation

Geissele SSA or SSA-E depending on how light you want it. The E actually feels lighter than the specs would appear in my opinion. Thread mentioned above has good info.

I second the RRA 2-stage being a great buy for he money. My dad has one and it is super comparable to my Geissele. Doesn't have the same precise break, but it's still damn good.

RRA is nice for money if you can find one. I really like the Jards for the next step up in price. Geiselle are super badass especially the flat shoe. Timney is an awesome unit but very pricey like the geiselles. Jewell for a precision gun.

interesting that the RRA is mentioned,after trying one i found it to be gritty with too much creep.
A dealer friend had one on a rifle,it was finger fawked by numerous persons over a several month period at many gunshows and never seemed to get smoother.
Now this may not be indicitive of all their triggers,but it was enough to steer me clear of purchasing one.
RK

I'm poor but needed a decent trigger. I went with a Chip Mccormick and am very happy.

If you want to spend 10 dollars then Jp yellow springs. 100 dollars a Rock river NM varmint and 200 dollars a Geiselle super dynamic enhanced. I have them all and you get what you pay for.

I just put a Timney in my SR-556. I like the fact that it's a single stage and just drops in as a whole unit. Time will tell how it holds up and how well I shoot with it.

Geiselle's triggers are very nice. I have used the hi speed DMR, the SSA and the SD-C. While I liked the feel of the DMR the best, I decided that I did not want an adjustable trigger and ended up going with the SD-C's in two of my rifles. I may end up swapping them out for the SD-E's in the near future. I like the feel of the flat trigger face.

My third AR has the JP single stage trigger and I like that one a lot as well. It is a huge step above the GI trigger parts and it breaks nicely.

The RRA 2 stage is definitely nice and best price point. Ive used the Timney which are nice as well. Although I have to say recently Ive been using an X-Treme Shoting AR trigger which I really like!!

I put a JP light spring kit in the RRA 2 stage trigger and it is pretty hard to beat. I dont have a ton of rounds on it so I cant comment on the longevity/reliability of it.

JP 2-stage...not too expensive and easy to setup.

My RRA 2 stage trigger was gritty and creepy even after almost 1k rounds fired and about the same dry fire cycles. I ultimately took the plunge on a Giessele SSA-E and will never have anything else in future ARs. Super smooth and after the first stage there is no creep whatsoever. In fact after I bought the Giessele, I gave away my RRA trigger at the local gunshop!

I've got an RRA and a Giessele. Bang for the buck the RRA. If you got it, the Giessele. You'll be happy either way.

L

If your are putting magnified optics on an AR, you will only cry once when you purchase a good trigger. As your momma told you...you get what you pay for...

Don't leave out the Wilson Combat Trigger in the mix...I like single stage for my less-than-too serious AR rifles.

Geissele makes great triggers, and SSA-E or SD-E are probably the best fit for your uses.