• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Aftermarket Glock sights

Roslyn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Want to replace the factory sights on a Glock 34 with something more durable, and improve target acquisition or sight alignment as a by product if possible. Sights need to hold up to tactical one hand cycling of the slide after reload. Aware of the Warren sights, but questions are: Other manufacturers I should consider? Fiber optic or Tritium really useful in daylight shooting? Does the width of the gap in the rear sights make a big difference in target acquisition or your hold?

Most of my shooting is IDPA and tactical courses of fire, and mostly day time shooting, if that matters. CCW not a relevant use case, if that should matter in thinking about this. I realize these choices probably are personal preferences, but would appreciate any guidance how to think about them.

Much appreciated.

There may be better sights for comps. Trij HD sights are what I put on a couple of Glocks. They're not plastic like factory sights, the notch is a little wider and the yellow front sight helps finding the sight during the day.

Almost every police department running Glocks have Trijicon sights on them. They are tritium but are tough as nails. I've used them to work the slide one handed off of boot heel, walls, holster and anything in-between. Never had one break. As for color orfiber optic, that is more of a personal preference. How are your eyes? How well do you see colors? Are any of your matches low-light or very overcast? To me, the Trijicons are worth it.

Thank you all, just the sort of advice I was hoping for. Don't need low light particularly for the shooting I am doing. Probably a nice to have, but not necessary. Appreciate the comments about Tritium not being useful during daylight, compared to fiber optic, hadn't thought of that. Will research a little more, but the Trijicon sounds like a good answer.

Sevigny/Warren or Hienie are the sights I see most used on competition Glocks in three gun.

I prefer the trijicon HD night sights but with the orange front sight. As i've gottten older i have a harder time seeing without a high contrast sight. I can see orange better than yellow.

I've been beating my g19,34,35 and 17L up in IDPA, 3 gun Steele challenge for 4 years and I honestly have ended up ditching every sight I've used till it came down to 100% Dawson on all my glocks. My g34 I have a FO front with the ramped plain black serrated rear sight that is slightly oversized so there is some air spaced side to side looking down the sights. My G35,17L I have an FO front blade and fully adjustable plain black rear sight.
They also offer tritium front rear, FO front and rear etc...

https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of...-adjustable-sight-set-black-rear-black-front/

I've been beating my g19,34,35 and 17L up in IDPA, 3 gun Steele challenge for 4 years and I honestly have ended up ditching every sight I've used till it came down to 100% Dawson on all my glocks. My g34 I have a FO front with the ramped plain black serrated rear sight that is slightly oversized so there is some air spaced side to side looking down the sights. My G35,17L I have an FO front blade and fully adjustable plain black rear sight.
They also offer tritium front rear, FO front and rear etc...

https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of...-adjustable-sight-set-black-rear-black-front/

Looked into this, but can't tell from the Dawson web site: is the rear sight adjustable vertically so you can zero the aiming point of the pistol? Thanks for the post.

I like the Trijcion HDs as the wide notch makes it pretty fast to pick up that front sight (personal opinion, take as you want).

There is supposedly a newer version floating around with a slightly narrower front also but I haven't got to check it out yet.

I only use the Trijicons but do have one or two Meprolights. If I had a set of really good custom 1911 sights (if I had a custom 1911) I may think about having tritium just inserted into them. IMO, pistols NEED the tritium sights, if nothing but one front XS big dot (another one, but I like their single front sight for J-frames). I think the adj. sights are Mepros, I know they are on the 17L. I can say that in one set of Mepros, the lens broke under just normal duty and carry. These were in regular fixed sights. Still glows, but looks odd compared to the unbroken side. Wonder how much radiation you get from directly inhaling tritium gas? To be fair, this pistol, and old gen. 2.0 G17, did see more use than the others, the actual pistol itself has been through a few sets of sights, but they still shouldn't have done that.

The Trijicons I've never had a problem with, although some I bought back in 98 or so are getting dimmer now but not to the point of replacing. Their new suppressor sights are also like 1/10" taller, making them "just right" with the can on. My wife likes them period, can or no can, though they can be harder to draw with the wrong rig. Oh yeah, stick with green, nearly double the half-life of other colors of tritium gas.

You can take 'em to a machinist and have 'em undercut if you like sort of like (Heinie?) for single handed charging.

Orange Trijicon HD up front and blacked out Warren in the back. Wasn't sure how I would like no back dots but since switching I can't imagine going back. I pick up the front sight easier and didn't lose anything on accuracy.

I have a Dawson charger rear with Dawson tritium front on my 19 that I've been carrying for about two years. I had Warren tactical on my 17. The finish on the Warren is/was more durable, I had it for about two years also. Next one will have a FO front for sure.
adc825046d7ea53b1b92ca8c9eb004db.jpg
ece6a23da05392ae35a67fd22b173d72.jpg
92eb6eea3a5798df101c2ac80fa4996f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the truglo tfx fiber optic/tritium sights. Next favorite is the trijicon hd's. I run one or the other on all my pistols, but prefer the truglo's as they are great for day time with the bright fo and then obviously in the dark with the tritium. Best of both worlds all wrapped up in one with those sights.

I've used standard three dots from Trijicon and Mepro, as well as Warren Tactical and Hinne Straight 8s and Big Dots. However, all I run now are Trijicon HDs for tritium and 10-8 Performance for fiber optic FS.

Ameriglo IDot's on everything!
The Green outlined fronts happen to also be photoluminescent.

I have been using Ameriglo spartan operator's for a few years now, before that I used Trijicon HD's and definitely prefer the Ameriglo's.

FO front will make a huge difference. Never on a defense gun for me, but easy on a dedicated comp gun.

The widest rear notch/opening will give you the fastest sight picture overall.

The Heinie "Ledge" rear sight allows for the easiest one handed cycling you'll ever get.

This is my rec:

https://www.heinie.com/3155-50l

I run the tritium "Straight 8" set with the wider rear notch on my defense oriented guns. I don't care if the tritium dies, I carry a light anyway.

FO + flashlight works pretty well too if the light comes from over the top.

I have owned and/or shot just about them all. In order of preference:

1.Vickers Battlesights
2. Warren/Sevigny
3. Trijicon HD's
4. Heinie Strait 8's
5. whatever