• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Aftermarket Glock Trigger

bergman0311

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2014
Malvern, PA
I've been considering using purchasing an aftermarket trigger for my glock 23. I was considering going with the "Travis Haley Skimmer." However doing my research, a lot of people say to just purchase new components for the trigger mechanism.

Has anyone changed out their stock trigger and if so which route did you go? Thanks

I went with the Pyramid as well. I really like the feel. Glockstore was having a deal I couldn't pass on, so I bought one after another members recommendation. The trigger breaks clean and I like the feel of the trigger shoe itself.

I have a 35 w/ the Vogel trigger for from Glocktriggers.com for fun and a 23 that is stock but has a lot of rounds through it for carry. The Vogel comes w/ a set of striker strings which you may not want to mess around with on a carry gun. I started playing around with springs and needed a lightened striker in my play gun.

You can experiment w/ connectors, polishing, etc., but it will always be a glock trigger. I personally prefer the clean break of a heavier stock trigger vs. the bit of mush you get w/ the lightened triggers. At some point with the lightened triggers and stock striker spring, you can feel when the sear contacts the firing pin and pulls it back the extra 1/8" or whatever it is before it breaks. You can put in a lightened striker spring to get rid of some of this and reduce trigger pull weight further, but then you risk light strikes and need a lightened striker.

IMO its a lot of fiddling to be doing on something that works fine and it introduces unnecessary variables that can be a nuisance on a carry/duty gun.

I swapped out my stock Glock 17 gen 3 connector and springs with a kit from Taran Tactical. I was a bit hesitant at first but there are enough videos out there showing how to do it that I figured I'd give it a try and if I didn't like it I could always go back. It took all of about 10mins to do it and the kit is still in the gun. I really like the way the trigger breaks now. Its still a 2 stage but the second stage breaks so much cleaner now.

The kits don't cost that much and you can do it yourself with a punch to push the pins out and it's quick to do. If you don't like it, putting the OEM parts back in is a 10 min deal and you're back to stock.

The Ultimate Pyramid kit is a blatant rip off of the Zev Fulcrum Ultimate kit. At one point there was talk of legal action against them but I am not sure if it ever went anywhere. For that reason alone they are off my list. I am assuming this is a carry gun? If so I would highly recommend the Skimmer kit. Yes it uses stock components but they have all been polished and deburred. Little to no take up with a crisp break that comes in around 4.5 lbs. I started with a Fulcrum Ultimate on one of my Glocks and while it is a fantastic kit I ended up changing out the springs and connector to add some weight to the trigger. It was a tad too light for a carry trigger for my tastes but dam was it a great range trigger.

YouTube the .25 cent trigger job. All I've ever had to do to mine and they work great.

I've been considering using purchasing an aftermarket trigger for my glock 23. I was considering going with the "Travis Haley Skimmer." However doing my research, a lot of people say to just purchase new components for the trigger mechanism.

Has anyone changed out their stock trigger and if so which route did you go? Thanks

What is the pistol for? Carry, competition, combo? Important as I wouldn't put a comp trigger in a carry gun or the other way around. My carry Glock 19 has a 25 cent trigger job and the 4.5 connector from my Glock 34. That's it. My 34 has a Vogal trigger in it so it's IDPA legal but my 35 for USPSA Limited has a Zev Fulcrum Ultimate trigger kit in it and it's the best trigger I have felt in a Glock but I wouldn't put it in my Glock 19. Right parts for the right job.

I run the Zev/Glockworx trigger on one of mine, and like it a lot. One thing to note is that I had to send it to Glockworx for fitting; I was told that this was due to manufacturing tolerances in the aftermarket frame/slide (both Lone Wolf) that I am using. I dunno.

After I got it back, though, it has worked like a champ.

I plan on putting the frame/slide theory to the test, as I am in the process of putting together another Glock with a factory frame and a Lone Wolf slide.

I went with the 3.5 lbs drop in trigger from Glockmeister in my G20SF. On a pull gauge it actually breaks at 3.25 consistently and feels like a spongier version of my SSA-E in my AR.

I have nothing negative to say about it.

25 cent trigger job, Jager Striker, Comp Spring kit, GlockWorx v4 connector = 2lb trigger with short reset in my G35

What is this pistol to be used for? Carry, competition, combo? Important as I wouldn't put a comp trigger in a carry gun or the other way around. My carry Glock 19 has a 25 cent trigger job and the 4.5 connector from my Glock 34. That's it. My 34 has a Vogal trigger in it so it's IDPA legal but my 35 for USPSA Limited has a Zev Fulcrum Ultimate trigger kit in it and it's the best trigger I have felt in a Glock but I wouldn't put it in my Glock 19. Right parts for the right job.

Yes--what is this for? If it is form competition, get a Vanek. If it is for defense, leave the trigger alone.

25 cent trigger job, lone wolf 3.5 connector, and lone wolf trigger comp spring. $20 and an hour of your time, you'll thank me later. I shoot mine better than my 1911 now.

Glock 34
jagar striker/4lb spring
McNally drop in trigger
15lb recoil spring

still playing with the McNally adjustments and will probubly pull the trigger back out to do some polishing and fitting to see if it makes a difference. My buddy did the 25cent trigger job on his carry 19 and it made a difference.

Three years makes a lot of difference in available options.

i just swapped my brothers disconnector out with a ghost evo elite. took about an hour to polish the internals and had to use a bench grinder to knock off the first 1/4 inch or so of the stop just to get the trigger bar into the housing. swapped the springs and all and its way smoother. the g20 trigger was long and mushy with a horrible break and long reset.

Glock 34
jagar striker/4lb spring
McNally drop in trigger
15lb recoil spring

still playing with the McNally adjustments and will probubly pull the trigger back out to do some polishing and fitting to see if it makes a difference. My buddy did the 25cent trigger job on his carry 19 and it made a difference.

Well just now now getting back around following up on this, the McNally didn’t work out, I just couldn’t get it to perform becouse the trigger shoe was out of spec. I ended up wanting the slide modified by fire 4 effect anyways so I sent the whole thing off to them and they gutted the trigger back out and just putt a tuned oem trigger back in with one of their straight trigger shoes and it runs great. Still heavier than I was expecting it to be but it’s crisp, short reset and 100% reliable so far 2,000 rounds later

Glock 34, SSVI TYR trigger and Apex safety plunger.

Glock 43, SSVI TYR trigger.

Tried the pyramid trigger and did like it.