• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket stock options for Tikka T3

EddieE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Has HS ever made stocks for the T3?

What stocks are most of you guys using? I'm not sure I would like a chassis. But, then, I really don't want to spend $700 on a Manners or McMillan either. I have to have an adjustable cheek riser. I think my options are limited to BC or Boyds if I don't want to spend the big bucks. HS would be nice since I think they could be had at a more reasonable price.

Thanks

I like doing that, makes me feel smart.

I was really hoping someone would say HS makes stocks for it...but I hadn't seen it on their site.

With that criteria, the B&C target/competition stock is your only choice and that's only a CTR inlet. If you don't mind waiting a bit, grayboe is coming out with a tikka inlet. Otherwise saving for manners or McMillan won't be something you regret.

A grayboe renegade stock with an adjustable comb for the Tikka would be awesome!

Can the B&C target/competition stock T3 CTR be inleted for the T3x varmint?

Can the B&C target/competition stock T3 CTR be inleted for the T3x varmint?

I would venture to say no. The CTR bottom metal is larger than the standard bottom metal.

Quite often McMillan has t3 stocks on sale for about 500. Just have to wait till they put one on their site that suits you.

Grs berserk is another option, just make sure you bed it if you go that route

I emailed Ryan McMillan 2 months ago about tikka options with greyboe and he said that they are working on the inletting now for the tikka and announcements for it should be soon.

I really like my German Gun Stock that I dropped my CTR in. I believe they make them for the standard T3 inlet for the factory magazines. It is about $800 delivered, but you get an aluminum mini-chassis with a stainless recoil lug and a variety of paint choices. The push button cheek adjustment is solid as well.

Seems to me like there are more options for the T3 CTR than the T3x varmint. Why is that?

I emailed Ryan McMillan 2 months ago about tikka options with greyboe and he said that they are working on the inletting now for the tikka and announcements for it should be soon.

I asked at the beginning of June and he said it would be a couple months; so should be pretty soon.

Might have to do with the intended audience of each system...what does someone want to do with a T3 CTR vs a Varmit

If they made the CTR in 223, I would get it...but they don't. Now, I have to make things work with the varmint.

I'm interested too in what KRG is cooking for the Tikka.

I have a Mcree chassis and love it. I wouldn't hesitate to go that route

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If they made the CTR in 223, I would get it...but they don't. Now, I have to make things work with the varmint.

As others have said, you could get a 223 varmint + CTR inlet stock + Atlasworx CTR /AI bottom metal and use 10 shot AI type 223 mags.

I can run 308 CTR mag system or AI Atlasworx in my stock. I can also just plop in a 223 T3 barrelled actioninto the stock and run it with AI type 223 mags.

AJYXsT.jpg

qaRppV.jpg

edi

Reactions: TheChief
As others have said, you could get a 223 varmint + CTR inlet stock + Atlasworx CTR /AI bottom metal and use 10 shot AI type 223 mags.

I can run 308 CTR mag system or AI Atlasworx in my stock. I can also just plop in a 223 T3 barrelled actioninto the stock and run it with AI type 223 mags.

edi

Thanks. Can I do this with other aftermarket bottom metal, say CDI?

Thanks. Can I do this with other aftermarket bottom metal, say CDI?

Most AI type floor plates for the T3 also the first one from Atlasworx were designed before the CTR was on the market and are therefore different in shape. I asked Atlasworx who supplies us , to design a floor plate that fits into the inlet of a CTR floor plate but will take 223/308 AICS type mags. Atlasworx provided us with prototypes and we tested them. The Atlasworx floorplate will fit into an original plastic T3XCTR stock. The only things that needs adjusting is the length of the lever which should always be on the long side to cater for differences in beddings and can easily be adjusted.

If one orders a stock one should specify floor plate inlet and make sure it matches. If one orders a CTR bottom inlet then only original CTR mag system or aftermarket AI/CTR versions such as the newer Atlasworx will fit. I have read on here that there is at least one more manufacturer of AI/CTR floor plates.

edi

if you dont want to spend the money, just get a B&C stock, Mountain Tactical DBM, and some AI mags. Call it a day. If you can spend the money but dont want to wait for a manners or mcmillan, go with either a KRG chassis and some AI mags or a german gun stock, mountain tactical dbm, and some AI mags.

If Accuracy international still plans on releasing an AT chassis for the Tikka T3 that might be another option, should your budget permit down the road.

Thanks guys. Those of you that are proponents of chassis systems, do you glass bed them? Considering manufacturing variations in the gun and the chassis, I would think bedding would be just as beneficial with chassis.

As beneficial it is to bed, I feel like spending the $ on an after market stock, then bedding it to your action, you are stuck with it. Can't really sell it, since it is mated to you action. I suppose you can grind out the bedding material...sounds like alot of work.

Thanks guys. Those of you that are proponents of chassis systems, do you glass bed them? Considering manufacturing variations in the gun and the chassis, I would think bedding would be just as beneficial with chassis.

As beneficial it is to bed, I feel like spending the $ on an after market stock, then bedding it to your action, you are stuck with it. Can't really sell it, since it is mated to you action. I suppose you can grind out the bedding material...sounds like alot of work.

I shot my CTR in the factory stock for a couple years. Best groups I could get with hand loads were right at .5 MOA, but were usually in the .6's. Got a KRG W3 this year and groups with the same ammo are in .3's-.4's with at least one group in the .2's. I didn't bed it. Took the barreled action out of the factory stock, dropped it in the W3, torqued it to KRG's recommended spec, and shot it. That's my experience. Others may have a different experience than me, but the chassis are designed not to be bedded so I expect that more often than not they are not detrimental to accuracy.

T3's can be an exception to the norm. We offer bedded stocks to customers who are too far away to drop in a rifle. Of course one has to tweak the bedding method somewhat so that "all" t3's will fit. It is a real advantage if one has a few T3's to be able to swop stocks depending on use. Can't do that with a Remmy. We have no issue taking back a from us bedded T3 stock if a customer wants a different model because it will fit on the next T3. Even my own T3's are not bedded with the actual rifle being used, I use our bedding rifle.

I have two stainless T3 CTR hunting rifles in 308, both were put in two different stocks which were bedded with our "bedding rifle".
Both shot about the same with Hornady ammo.

EUyxb8.jpg

SpFwQ5.jpg

edi

I just emailed him, and he said they are shooting for March....so we're still probably a year out.

T3's can be an exception to the norm. We offer bedded stocks to customers who are too far away to drop in a rifle. Of course one has to tweak the bedding method somewhat so that "all" t3's will fit. It is a real advantage if one has a few T3's to be able to swop stocks depending on use. Can't do that with a Remmy. We have no issue taking back a from us bedded T3 stock if a customer wants a different model because it will fit on the next T3. Even my own T3's are not bedded with the actual rifle being used, I use our bedding rifle.

I have two stainless T3 CTR hunting rifles in 308, both were put in two different stocks which were bedded with our "bedding rifle".
Both shot about the same with Hornady ammo.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/vgy.me\/EUyxb8.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/vgy.me\/SpFwQ5.jpg"}[/IMG2]

edi

That is some nice shooting...

Last edited:
Reactions: ejg
I really like my German Gun Stock that I dropped my CTR in. I believe they make them for the standard T3 inlet for the factory magazines. It is about $800 delivered, but you get an aluminum mini-chassis with a stainless recoil lug and a variety of paint choices. The push button cheek adjustment is solid as well.

These look quite interesting and certainly ergonomic. I'm looking at a hunting/tactical rig later in the year for an existing Tikka action collecting dust and the Raptor stock looks a good option. Which model did you go with and how are you finding the ergonomics and build quality of the stock?

These look quite interesting and certainly ergonomic. I'm looking at a hunting/tactical rig later in the year for an existing Tikka action collecting dust and the Raptor stock looks a good option. Which model did you go with and how are you finding the ergonomics and build quality of the stock?

I went with the Predator and I can't really find anything wrong with it. I did 2 flush cups and am running thr Rifles Only Carbine bungee sling. I have a LRHS in low Badger rings from when it was in the factory stock and I barely have the cheek adjusted up. I have a 6.5 medium palma Bartlein that will go on it when I shoot out the factory 260 barrel. I might have to go with higher rings with the heavier barrel. I shot a local match a few weeks ago and took 10th out of 49. The stock finish seems to be holdong up to everything I have had it resting on so far. I like the weight it added to the rifle. The factory bottom metal fits great.

The GRS berserker has a nice feature to it. But it is too flexible still. They need a full fiberglass fore end. This will make it easier to inlet for larger barrels too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently running a KRG X-ray, really like it but I've been crushing hard on the grayboe renegade.
IMG_20180811_143326_723.jpg