• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Aftermarket Trigger Opinion

jlorensen

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
Kansas City
I'm putting together a hunting rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's based on a M700 I've had for 25-ish years and will see "woods" time for deer and coyote. I'd anticipate a max range of 400 yds......maybe 500 if things lined up exactly right.

My question is this....is it worth trying to adjust the factory trigger(I'd like 2.5 lbs), or better to go aftermarket?

Thanks!

So many great options for a 700 I would just pick something up aftermarket. Triggertech or a timney on sale and be done

If you only want to go as low as 2.5 lbs, a TT Primary is the better choice for you. It goes down to 1.5 lbs and will save you $40 MSRP.

Reactions: Simonsza1
If you only want to go as low as 2.5 lbs, a TT Primary is the better choice for you. It goes down to 1.5 lbs and will save you $40 MSRP.
This is definitely all you need. Fantastic trigger and will surpass your expectations.

Love my triggertechs but I have found the safety can freeze up if you aren't careful of snow winter hunting

I ended up going with a Romney elite hunter adjusted to 2 lbs. It feels much better than the old factory trigger. Made it to the range, and everything worked quite well.