• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket trigger

Bevenue

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm looking for an aftermarket trigger for my Rem 700 Police.
I'm looking to stay under $200ish. What are some suggestions or what ones to stay away from?

Re: Aftermarket trigger

Thanks for the reply's. But I've got three answers and three different triggers. Lets hear some more.

Get a jewell and you will not regret it.
Guther

get in on the CG group buy if you like 2 stage triggers, might be a little over your budget, but they are well worth it.

Shilen Triggers for me. There are some others that have been mentioned above and you can't go wrong either. My other choice would be a Jewell.

I have Shilen triggers on my rifles and I can't complain. They have been reliable and consistent. I shoot long range and hunt with mine and haven't had any problems. Shilen stands behind their triggers.

just got a timney and it was not very $ and a very good trigger set to just under 2#

Recently put a Timney in my 700 Rem LTR. Set for 2.5 lbs at factory. Personally, I like the trigger shoe on the Timney and the trigger is a huge improvement over the stock Xmark Pro.

I don't know that jewel has one for under $200. I love my jewel on my scalpel, I run it pretty hard and never had a problem. But for under $200 you have the three names you need. Choose one and go for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a jewell and you will not regret it.
Guther</div></div> AMEN

I am sure I will be jumped on but this is my opinion. Stick with a properly adjusted Remington trigger. I have had them all and the 40X is the best and 700 next best. Most of the aftermarket triggers are flimsy. If you possess no physical infirmity why do you need an ultralight trigger? A firm trigger gives more control of the rifle, esp in cold weather. This is Snipers Hide, not benchrest central. If I had trouble pulling a 2.5 pound trigger, I would just buy some pink panties and hang it up. The things I look for in a trigger are lack of lateral movement, lack of trigger lever flex, consistant pull weight, and near zero over travel.I have used Remington triggers in Nesika, Borden and Surgeon actions with good result. A 40X trigger is a great one. Also the old Winchester 70 trigger could be set to perfection at 2 lb. Did you ever think that when some 200 lb shooters grew up they would be unable or unwilling to pull a 2 pound trigger and not flinch? For a tactical rifle, a custom trigger is about as much use as a pecker to the pope.

I forgot to add that one of the custom very expensive triggers I had on a Nesika I broke the finger lever. I set it to 3 lb and the lever would flex about .125 then fire. One very cold day (-5)I took a shot at a coyote and the finger lever actually broke. For me that was the last straw on custom triggers.
I have actually built a few 98 Mauser triggers with an integral, adjustable overtravel stop and two stage pull that lets off at about 2.5 lb and is very smooth. Using all the original parts. I would say that it is about my favorite of all triggers for shooting in the woods and on running targets. When shooting light triggers on running targets in the woods you will shoot a lot of trees. I think this is just showing that you have less trigger control and in the open you just miss. Which is the same thing without the trees to show where you missed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pope still has to pee - but I agree with your other comments.

And it's not that hard to adjust Remington triggers. For the older ones, this advice is still good:

Remington Trigger Adjustment
</div></div>

+1