• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket Triggers for Sako Quad?

Re: Aftermarket Triggers for Sako Quad?

I did a pretty exaustive search with my Google-Fu and came up with nada. I expect you have probly done the same. I did find out those triggers adjust down to about 2lbs but that is a bit heavier than I like myself. Hope someone else can answer this one.

Yeah I Googled around quite a bit myself.

I tried that Jewell in the Quad and the top link doesn't have the right shape or geometry for the catch piece on the firing pin.

I found an old PDF file from Jackson Rifles in UK on a CG two stage.

I can get a trigger (but it's for a Rem 700), make the needed mods to the trigger body, even make the trigger hanger. The only thing that I can't get (probably can't) is the 4th lever as CG calls it. It has a completely different shape than the 700 style. I could probably make one myself and have it hardened the finish grinding the angles and surfaces.

Man, it makes me tired just typing this. But CG did at one time make a 2 stage for the FinnFire / Quad.

From what I gather, the Tikka trigger is / looks like the one in my Quad.

I understood someone modified a Jewell trigger to work on a Sako Finnfire. I would assume but have not verified that it could be made to work with a Quad. I will need to see if they are still available. Jewell use to make a trigger for the Finnfire as well but just try to find one
smile.gif

Pat

I found this on another webpage:

These are hard to find. Kurt Westfall [email protected] will convert a Remington Jewell trigger to fit a P94s for about $110. You can find Remington Jewell triggers for less than $200. Some trigger guard modification may be required depending on the version of safety selected.

Good luck.

Send your trigger to Larry Gish. You can find him on gunbroker. He worked on mine and it is outstanding. You may find more info on this at rimfirecentral also.

My factory Finnfire trigger is 1lb 14oz. I would like it to match my centerfires at 1.5lbs but it is close and smooth. Are ya'll looking for BR style pull weights in the ounces? I have not seen an aftermarket Sako rimfire trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: michshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send your trigger to Larry Gish. You can find him on gunbroker. He worked on mine and it is outstanding. You may find more info on this at rimfirecentral also.

</div></div>

this is the ticket...... for $40, free return shipping, your trigger will be sent back with an adjustable range from 10 oz. to 1.5 lbs. If you call larry (or email) he would be willing to modify his standard i am sure.

If you decide that you have to have a Jewell trigger I just received an e-mail from Kurt that he will modify your Jewell trigger to fit a Sako for $110.

Pat

+3 for the Gish mod. Best bang for the buck and by far the best trigger on ANY of my sticks.

I only wish I could get them all like his.

Got my trigger back from Larry.

It's pretty light.

I am going to give it a little more pull but the thing breaks crisp.

If you need a job done on your Finnfire or Quad trigger, send it to Larry Gish.