• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AG Composites

WolfHoundShooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2019
Anybody running AG Composite rifle stocks? How is the quality and are there any other companies alike to keep in mind while looking for a stock

Great stocks! Perfect drop in fit for my 700.
ED179ED7-9287-461A-BFF2-5A5DEBE188D6.jpeg

0AACCBF4-90AD-446F-8D15-DA03ADB9FDA6.jpeg

Reactions: WolfHoundShooter
Has anyone compared them side by side to a Manners?

We have one in the shop right now. They’re light and seem well built but they aren’t a manners imo. I guess it is all personal preference though.

the AGs typically sit right around 2 lbs where as a manners w mini chassis is going to be right around 3. Manners are stiffer in the fore end.

If you are comparing apples to apples, the differences are not very stark..... Sure, you start adding mini-chassis, adjustable cheeks and such, they're big. But the comparable basic stocks are really pretty close. And the AG's come already pillared....

If you are comparing apples to apples, the differences are not very stark..... Sure, you start adding mini-chassis, adjustable cheeks and such, they're big. But the comparable basic stocks are really pretty close. And the AG's come already pillared....
Sure. Can’t argue there. And I probably haven’t had enough time behind manners basic stocks to compare them to the AG in that aspect.

I'll let you know when I get mine. I was told it should ship on 3April. That puts it around the 10 week mark I think. 8 week is the minimum ETA. I placed my order after Shot Show, so they may have gotten some more orders after Shot.

JCS did great on my first order! Second not so much. First stock they sent was inlet for LA instead of SA. Second stock they sent was inlet for an arca rail and had adj cheek piece, neither of which I ordered. Now I'm waiting again. So supposed 3 week lead time has turned into 3 months. If I didn't have money into them I'd tell em to get phucked but no refunds. I wont touch em with a 10' pole after this fiasco.
Odd. Mine came the way I wanted. Heavy fill, pic rail instead of stud, adjustable comb, origin inlet and they even opened it up more for my barrel. I did have to wait because of Hawkins dbm was delayed

I kńow your asking about bolt action AG Composite stocks, but I have one of the M14 Classic AG composite stocks and carbon fiber Handguard on my M14 Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. A number of folks including me provided a lot of input when they were developing the M14 version. The stocks were excellent and high quality, but the market was not big enough so they eventually pulled out of that nitche market. You also have a lot of variation in commercial M14 receivers so fit was a bit of an issue.

I think AG makes an excellent product.

IMG_5488.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JShannon
I received mine a couple weeks ago. It was very nice quality from my quick look over. It was unpackaged for maybe 20 mins before I packed it back up with all my other parts to send off to GAP for assembly. If you want a better review, I can let you know in October when my rifle is estimated to be complete. I feel like you have enough people saying they're top notch already.

I just received mine a few weeks ago, very nice quality. I had a small issue with bottom metal fitment but it was my fault not on them.
I ordered bottom metal that was a M5 footprint but not BO. Given slight variation in manufacturer specs it obviously was not a perfect fit. After a few calls their production manager Matt had me return it to them and they took care of me. The fit is excellent and I would certainly use them again. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get a lightweight carbon fiber stock with short turnaround.

I’m glad to see all of this positive feedback. I met these guys at shot and I think I’m actually going to go through with ordering a stock from them. Adjustable Hunter here I come!!

I've heard really good things about their stocks and some friends of friends have them. I have a rifle being built and the smith uses their stocks. I emailed AG and then called with some questions on their options. They were very helpful and willing to talk about the various stocks and their uses/benefits. They also confirmed to me lead times for custom color orders. I had thought they were slowed, and even (falsely) heard secondhand they were closed down, by COVID-19 but an email reply from them this week confirmed they were still working. I think you'll like what you get from them, I'm pretty confident in my order.

Reactions: Loner
Finally got my rifle and the AG Stock is awesome. Great fit and feel to it. Very light. I'm a sucker for bling sometimes so i went with a Zombie green stock. Will post pics later.

If a guy did want to bed an AG stock would he have to remove some material first or would the bedding epoxy be thin enough to just bed onto what is there? (I am assuming that inlet to action fit is pretty good)

Last edited: