• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AG cup

The only way you will ever get better at competing on the national level is to also shoot more matches on the national level. Resorting to only shooting local matches will cap you and plateau you faster than anything. There are a lot of shooters out there destroying their home courses but can’t break upper mid pack when they leave and go somewhere else.
Attitude is everything. And this forum honestly is one of the most toxic places for shooting sports. It’s one thing to not shoot national level matches because you can’t afford it. But most ppl it seems who decide to only shoot single day local matches do it because they hate failure and don’t want to actually press themselves. To each their own.

Besides. If your spending x dollars to shoot mid pack at a 2 day match, It’s not going to support the top ten guys. Your really just supporting the match director and venue. Almost all pay outs don’t exist anymore outside of AG cup qualifier matches and that money only comes from those who sign up for that specific match.
There is a lot to learn at a 2 day match. Especially one in the mountains or the wind. Get in with an experienced squad and you will learn some new techniques and have the most fun.

Fastest way to grow is also checking your ego at the door.

I definitely agree with some of this.

PRS is certainly a sport where a relatively small amount of dedication and practice will get you to the top of the sport. The top PRS shooters are not stronger than you or I, smarter than you or I, more athletic than you or I, etc. It's very achievable to be a top performer with relatively little work (in comparison to most other sports). Look at Allison Zane, she's a newcomer to the sport that's absolutely killing it.

However, I would also argue that most people don't participate in this sport/activity/hobby with the intent of becoming a top shooter. Everyone wants to shoot better, no doubt. But its not a priority for most. I would say most attend matches to challenge themselves as a shooter, make friends and have fun. For some, that return on investment is hard to justify for 2 day national matches. They are very expensive between travel, lodging, match fees, ammo costs, food, etc., and are very time consuming.

And certainly, those that do wish to participate in the sport need to start with no ego and no expectations. The learning curve is steep at first, but easily surmountable with the right attitude & intent.

PRS is certainly a sport where a relatively small amount of dedication and practice will get you to the top of the sport. The top PRS shooters are not stronger than you or I, smarter than you or I, more athletic than you or I, etc. It's very achievable to be a top performer with relatively little work (in comparison to most other sports). Look at Allison Zane, she's a newcomer to the sport that's absolutely killing it.

However, I would also argue that most people don't participate in this sport/activity/hobby with the intent of becoming a top shooter. Everyone wants to shoot better, no doubt. But its not a priority for most. I would say most attend matches to challenge themselves as a shooter, make friends and have fun. For some, that return on investment is hard to justify for 2 day national matches. They are very expensive between travel, lodging, match fees, ammo costs, food, etc., and are very time consuming.

And certainly, those that do wish to participate in the sport need to start with no ego and no expectations. The learning curve is steep at first, but easily surmountable with the right attitude & intent.
I'm pretty sure the shooters at the top are very dedicated and spend plenty of time getting there. Allison is young but far from a newcomer...she's been at it hard for years and shoots a ton of matches.

Lol, Zane shot 11-2 day PRS matches and 8-1 day regional matches in 2021. I’m sure she mixed in some practice time as well. Please define “small amount of dedication”. Your comments in this thread are untruthful and lack credibility.

We get it, you have a hang up with the AG Cup. I don’t have Facebook and don’t have a means to follow the cup. However i am interested. Thanks to those who have posted for us that are interested.

Reactions: Rexwagon
Lol, Zane shot 11-2 day PRS matches and 8-1 day regional matches in 2021. I’m sure she mixed in some practice time as well. Please define “small amount of dedication”. Your comments in this thread are untruthful and lack credibility.

We get it, you have a hang up with the AG Cup. I don’t have Facebook and don’t have a means to follow the cup. However i am interested. Thanks to those who have posted for us that are interested.

I think you are reading too much into my posts.

I have no problem with the AG Cup. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that it exists, and I hope for the sake of the top shooters it continues to exist, as it's a cool event for them. My posts were to explain why there is little outside appeal to the AG Cup.

My comments in regards to time and dedication are relative to other sports. Here are some examples to make my point:

- Do you think that if Dave Preston dedicated the time he did to shooting to Football, that he could be a QB in the NFL?
- Do you think that if Jake Vibbert dedicated the time he did to shooting to golf, that he would be in the PGA winning events?
- Do you think that if Allison Zane dedicated the same time she did to shooting as she did to soccer, that she would be on a mens World Cup Soccer team?

It's very achievable for the average person to become a top shooter in PRS with time and dedication. I'm not suggesting that any of the above shooters are not dedicated or haven't invested a lot of time into the sport. They obviously have, and I'm not suggesting otherwise. But in relation to other sports, it takes relatively little time and dedication to get to the very top of the sport.

Reactions: RRW