• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Against the grain?

all Bullshit aside I’m kind of surprised vortex isn’t still #1 they have scopes ranging in all price ranges where as Nightforce, kahles and S&B have two types, expensive and really fucking expensive. But all are great quality

No one on that list is using a cheap scope.

Maybe not cheap but some are a lot cheaper than others price wise
No they aren't. The only scope on that list under $1500 is a Burris, most likely shot by a sponsered shooter. The vast majority are shooting scopes in the $2-4k range.

What are you even trying to argue? Make a point

Reactions: Friday
th.jpg

Omg you people will fucking argue about anything your right though a Razor hd gen 2 is exactly the same price as a nightforce
7x35, what kind of dope are you shoving in your veins to think that a 1000 dollar difference is not a lot cheaper?

You are completely contradicting your statement earlier that you like all the features of the vortex and they were so much cheaper than a nightforce now your saying everything is the same price? Lmao you people are fucking nuts. You sound like Hillary fuckin Clinton hahaha
Go back and read the thread. You don't even know what your saying/responding to. Jesus Christ do you have a learning disability?

People make a point and it goes over your head like your an autist. It's like talking to a wall.

so again I say Maybe not “CHEAP” but some are “ALOT CHEAPER” than others. Like you said your self anywhere from the 2k-4K range well idk where you went to school but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that 2k is half the price of 4K so them 2k scopes are a hell of a lot CHEAPER than a 4K scope
Do you think there is anyone competing at that level who can't afford whatever optic they want? Have any idea how much a match setup cost much less the practice time/consumables it costs to be that proficent plus the travel fees?

Guys are either shooting what they are sponsered to shoot or shooting what they want. No one at that level is giving two fucks over $2k when they are shooting $10k setups ( guns, optics, lrf, spotters, accessories,ect) and spending another $5k+ a year in practice and travel.

So in the scheme of things it's irrelevent. But you keep going on about shit you know nothing about. It's entertaining.

all Bullshit aside I’m kind of surprised vortex isn’t still #1 they have scopes ranging in all price ranges where as Nightforce, kahles and S&B have two types, expensive and really fucking expensive. But all are great quality

Personally, I think everything goes in cycles. Both in popularity and R&D (through to product release). I have no doubt Vortex will again be in the lead in the future...as will Khales, S&B, ZCO and Nightforce.

Vortex has been quiet the past few years, so they're probably about to release something. If it was what I think it is, it'll really open up the market a bit, since from what I have heard, it really is a nice, elegant, complete package. I guess we'll see if SHOT is the place it is announced, or if they're still working it for production.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Not entirely certain the NV will be required (or viable in states such as mine where it is illegal), but do concur that "smart scopes" are indeed the future of scope technology.

Reactions: Friday
‘This entertainment segment brought to you by Nightforce and Vortex optics’. lMFAO!?

To the OP, take a look at the information and make an informed decision that best suits your goals and needs. AI is a badass platform and if that’s your direction......throw some glass on that donkey and burn up some barrels get’n’r done!?

Well just to bump this back towards where I started it, I have a couple feelers out on SWFA SS 5-20 scopes. Waiting for responses and then waiting to see what I owe our government (small business owning sure is fun) and then off to searching for an AT.

Thanks to all who helped out.

Reactions: reubenski
The SWFA 5-20HD is a great decision as a place holder. Once you've used it you may decide it will fit your purposes over a longer term. I've got three of them and they have never been a disappointment. Two things you need are a parallax assist from Aadland and a cat-tail. SWFA has both but a cat-tail from Tyler Kemp is about half the price https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/members/tyler-kemp.18693/#about. I finally had to scratch the Alpha Scope itch and bought a S&B PMII. I spent hours switching back and forth between the SWFA and the PMII checking for CA, image quality, eye relief, parallax forgiveness, etc., etc. Targets were from 100-1250yds. and the PMII was superior in virtually every way. But, and it's a big but, I finally decided the PMII would not do anything the SWFA couldn't do.