• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision AGM Global

nrar15

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 19, 2003
Indiana
Anyone have experience or info on the AMG Global Comanche 22 3NL1 clip on wanting something lighter than my PVS 27 to run on my carbine.

Short answer, negatif, have not tried.

==
Longer answer, almost did, but managed to find an olde Armasight CO-X (3p) and got that instead.

The Armasight is almost the same thing as the Comanche 22 ... with different housing, for legal reasons. But AGM has overlap with the rump of Armasight that was stranded in AZ after the FLIR merger (merger now defunct).

And the original CO-X (from back in 2014-ish time frame) seemed like an attempt at a poor man's PVS-22. So I've been interested in them forever ... and finally got the CO-x (3p) last year. Its about 6x max on the day scope for a clear image, though you can squeeze up a little higher if you can tolerate the fuzzier. I would not hesitate to shoot on 10x if I had already PID'd.
I run this on mk12 with L&S mk4 2.5-8x TMR or Trijicon Credo 2-10x mil-tree.

As to the Comanche 22, as I said, these are CO-X with different housing and different name. My hesitation is I have not heard good things about the clarity of the tubes in the AGM PVS-14s ... and if that carries over to the Comanche 22s, then expect a dim image that might require an illum. With a gen2 tube, of course it would require an illum, but I wouldn't want to have to run an illum for a gen 3 tube.

==
But if you get one, please let us know how you like it - as I've seen no hands on reviews of one !!!

==
GALLERY

PVS-27 on the left, CO-X on the right, breach in the center for size comparison

50731693041_dde40c1dd7_k.jpg

Reactions: GhostFace
So...

I have the Comanche 22 gen2+ unit. As far as a gen2+ clip-on goes it seems to do everything as you'd expect. Works really good up to 6-8x then starts getting fuzzy. HOWEVER, I have about a 2.5-2.6 mil POI shift (straight down) from daytime to with the AGM on. Across several rifles/optics now it's pretty consistent.

A friend got the Gen 3 flavor. When he first got it, his POI shift was like 7 mils right and 2 mils low. Anyway... after several months (I think starting around Fall 2020 until about a month ago) of back and forth, the story I last heard was that AGM had to send a bunch of folks some place to get them trained on how to properly collimate the units. Nonetheless, he's got it back and I'm pretty sure it collimates now. So it would seem that new production units at least have a chance of being correct.

I'm going to check with my friend to make sure his unit is working properly and I'll probably send mine back in to get fixed. I can update this post if I remember when I get it back.

It sounds like new (small) business growing/starting pains.

Reactions: Arevalosocom
I have a PVS27 just to heavy for an AR. The reason I am looking at the AGM is I purchased a CO-X from Optics Planet and it would shut off when you adjusted the focus. So returned it to them and the AGM was offered as a replacement. I have a CO-MR that is alright for what I use it for but was wanting a gen 3. I was thinking the same thing that it is like the Armasight in a different housing. This is what AMG sent when I ask for tube info.
Elbit Gen3 10130 P43 level 1 tube. I appreciate you guys responding there is just a lot of available NV these days. May just get a refund and keep my eyes out for a PVS-24

I have the Comanche 40 it's pretty light compared to the PVS-28. I have it paired with the ARKEN 6-24 Gen II. It has a a manual gain which makes the sight picture clarity VERY good. I'm hoping to get it out to shoot it soon (my range doesn't have night shooting)

I picked up a PVS-22 and love is not as nice as my 27 but a lot lighter. Hope you get to shoot soon. I can only shoot until 10:00 at our club so shooting in the summer doesn’t happen. Can only get about 80 yards at home but beats nothing.