• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI 338 Lapua Left hand

corsairpilot62

Flying Lottery Machine Winner!
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
The Twilight Zone
Hello Folks, So I am thinking of purchasing either an AI AXSR 338 Lapua left hand or a Mcmillan Tac-338. left hand. My question. Is it possible to make the AXSR look more inline with the older Arctic Warfare L118A2 But left Handed? I have no doubt that the AI will shoot lights out and is probably better than the older AW but I would prefer the older looks. also if anyone has any thoughts on either rifle, all input would be greatly appreciated. the rifles are going to be range rifles with a few hunting trips for larger game.
Thanks for your time and thoughts!

I have no doubt that the AXSR is a superior rifle to the McMillan Tac-338, and provides benefits such as quick barrel change, cartridge family change (308/300WM/338LM), more adjustable and folding stock, 10 round 338 mags, etc. However, you have to ask yourself if the AI is worth $3,000+ more than the McMillan if all you plan to do is shoot 338LM from it?

The AXSR is AI's newest design, it is a modern all-aluminum chassis system, non-bonded, with an AR grip tang. Love or hate the look of it, it is what it is. There's no way to turn it into the elegant looking AWM338.

Another benefit is Mile High and EuroOptic have lefties listed in stock, so you could potentially have an AXSR in hand by Friday. How long of a wait is a McMillan?

Thank you for your thoughts. The wait time on the Mcmillan is a long one. Especially compared to in stock AI. The barrel/caliber change would also be nice. I’ve been saving up for a while and just got a bonus from work. And its definitely burning a hole in my pocket.

If you are even considering the AXSR, I’d get it. The AXMC lefties sold out quick and rarely if ever pop up for sale used. If the left hand AXSRs suffer the same fate, you’ll be glad to have it.

sounds good. thank you! i am leaning more towards the axsr.
1624760977346.gif