• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI Adjustable Butt Plate

Re: AI Adjustable Butt Plate

I use them on basically all my AI rifles and AICS kits as well. Very desirable addition and the part # is 1044, Mile High has them instock currently.

Thank you Stacy. I love the rifle but, I've had some difficulty getting used to the AI stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use them on basically all my AI rifles and AICS kits as well. Very desirable addition and the part # is 1044, Mile High has them instock currently. </div></div>

+1 It wouldn't be the same without them, my AW fits me much better with the Butt Plate.

Thanks for the post. I've got a McRee that fits perfectly and I've had difficulty adjusting to the AI stock. This may solve the problem.

understand, just a little time and a couple of small changes such as the adj. butt plate will me a world of difference. just give it a little time and it will come second nature to you honestly, lots will agree with that as well.

Thank you Stacy. Got one on the way thanks to a fellow Hider. Thank you Eric.

The accuracy of this AI is outstanding and I'm determined to learn to run it. Thanks again Stacy for helping me get that .260 barrel. This is a great system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent news, enjoy and glad to hear that you are enjoying the .260 they are shooters! </div></div>

If I could have bought a .260 AE Mk II without a huge wait I would have have bought one without a second thought last week.
cry.gif
I tried to track one down but couldn't find one so I'm having a 700 built in .260 with an AICS to make due. Stacey, any idea when I could get my hands on a .260 AE?

Back to the thread, I've looked at these adj. butt plates for a while and am thinking about one for my match rifle. If it's worth it and works well I'll pick one up. Any other opinions on these?

It is a must for a good fit, I got mine from Mile High also.

The .260's have been a "HUGE" hit and demand, just was under the gun on numbers and estimates from the original forecast. That is being worked on and hopefully will be closed up shortly. I am pretty sure no one has one instock due to the demand and sales. I checked with Mile High but they are sold out as well, sorry.

The adjustable butt plate truly is one of the "must" haves of the AI accessory line. Every weapon I built and demo'd would have one of these next to it or installed for the customer to check out for fitting. To say the least, more would take decide to have it installed or keep once they were fitted up on the weapon. Honestly you can't go wrong on this accessory.

Didn't mean to cause a stir for Stacey. Black-X I bought an AE Mk II in 308, bought a barrel from Stacey, and changed the barrels myself. I had my rig done in about two weeks. I think I bought the last 260 barrel Stacey had in stock at the time. Better than waiting for a custom build. I'm going through a barrel a year so I wanted to be able to do the work myself. Its very easy. Hope to take an armorers class soon.

No worries, it is a good thing when you have a product which has such a higher demand sometimes than you expected. The Bartlein barrels excellent and making many AI customers happy, so the demand is always a good thing.

Surgeon also makes a very nice adjustable butt plate for AI stocks.
I have the AI version on my 308 AICS, and have been very pleased with it, but the Surgeon model on a friend's 260 AE is very nicely executed as well.

I have the one made by surgeon. Went down to Ace and picked up a couple of extra sets of bolts in different lengths to play around with using the original spacers to add length of pull. Worked out well. Very nice piece of kit.

Does the AI butt plate have different settings up or down? Or is it just one setting? The Surgeon AI butt plate looks similar to what I have on my McRee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't mean to cause a stir for Stacey. Black-X I bought an AE Mk II in 308, bought a barrel from Stacey, and changed the barrels myself. I had my rig done in about two weeks. I think I bought the last 260 barrel Stacey had in stock at the time. Better than waiting for a custom build. I'm going through a barrel a year so I wanted to be able to do the work myself. Its very easy. Hope to take an armorers class soon. </div></div>

I would love to have done that but I couldn't afford to let a perfectly good AI barrel in .308 go to waste.
cry.gif
Maybe if they become available in the future I'll look at picking one up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save the barrel, just buy a new gun, that will fix the issue </div></div>

I wish I had the extra money Stacey! If you can get AINA to sponsor me for shooting matches I'll sell what I have and run nothing but Accuracy International rifles.
wink.gif
You can just loan me an AE in .260 and BAM, problem solved!

Yep, save the 308 barrel. Always a need for that caliber. I've got a 700 in 260 and I probably couldn't get back near about the money I have in it. The AI seems to hold its value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the AI butt plate have different settings up or down? Or is it just one setting? The Surgeon AI butt plate looks similar to what I have on my McRee. </div></div>

It's continously adjustable, a friction fit so to speak.
This photo gives a good idea of it's function.

accuracy-international-aw-adjustable-butt-pad-rifle-option.jpg

Thanks Edwin. I see it now. Move it to any position and then tighten. Looks good.