• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE Action wrench

9HR

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2019
Does anyone know where I could find an AI action wrench for a reasonable price?

I tried Adams Custom Rifles, but I understand that Mr. Adams takes extended times off and I cannot get in touch with him.

Attachments

• AIBADGERWRENCH1.jpg
    AIBADGERWRENCH1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 112
  • D462_3761_img.jpg
    D462_3761_img.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 87
When using the Adams action wrench make sure when you reinstall the new barrel DO NOT use the ejection port opening use the mag well opening as it has much more steel to push against. I have seen AI-AE actions that were bent using the ejection port opening to install a new barrel . Just a heads up.

• Wow
Reactions: Bradu
When using the Adams action wrench make sure when you reinstall the new barrel DO NOT use the ejection port opening use the mag well opening as it has much more steel to push against. I have seen AI-AE actions that were bent using the ejection port opening to install a new barrel . Just a heads up.
That is really good advice, I'm glad this came through before the barrel reinstall!

I'd only buy from OTM Tactical *if* they ever get more. After dealing with Adam (on the rare occasion he'd actually respond) and then steering another member to him for a LA AI wrench that was "in stock" which he never received I'll never deal with him directly again :mad:

Sorry to hear that, when I bought mine from Dennis the service was stellar.............................times change. Mile High has the official "kit" although its expensive (but what AI isn't?)

Adams Custom rifles had the AX 338 action wrench in stock but the standard AX 308 size looks to be on back order. I just look at 3:30 MT today.

Adams Custom rifles had the AX 338 action wrench in stock but the standard AX 308 size looks to be on back order. I just look at 3:30 MT today.

They had that same AX338 wrench in stock when I sent the last guy there and he never got it in over a month and couldn't ever get in contact with ACR either. He might have wound up just doing a stop payment on the check but I don't remember.

I wouldn't trust the website nor would I send him any money ever again. If you can't get it from somewhere like OTM then I would just go without.

ETA: I have one of the wrenches and it is nice but he has the same business practices as TROS from what I can tell except I actually did get my barrel from TROS within the stated time frame.

Contact Greg at Southern Precision Rifles @Bugholes. He has a design that differs from the Adams Custom Rifles. There is an aluminum insert which is screwed into the wrench body after it is inserted into the action. It provides a greater contact area.
IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

Reactions: AIAW and Waorani
I see that is a TRG-22 Will it work for an AI??

Pretty sure that is a KRG Whiskey-3. The name of the action escapes me at the moment... Not a Sako TRG though.

It just so happens that they will indeed work on TRG's actions though. I've used it myself (the "official" AI action wrench that is).

Pretty sure that is a KRG Whiskey-3. The name of the action escapes me at the moment... Not a Sako TRG though.

It just so happens that they will indeed work on TRG's actions though. I've used it myself (the "official" AI action wrench that is).
It's a Badger M2013 in a Whisky 3 chassis. The M2013 is an AI clone.

Reactions: AIAW
We made a small run of wrenches for our own need, and to get them in some consumers hands. These wrenches were made with a 416SS shaft since I had that material already, and didn't want to have to do a final finish the first few. I have another run in process, these shafts are made from 4140 and are waiting for final finish. When they're ready I'll get em up on the website
I think you'll find this wrench to be an improvement over existing designs, I'll get more info out when the final finish is complete

We made a small run of wrenches for our own need, and to get them in some consumers hands. These wrenches were made with a 416SS shaft since I had that material already, and didn't want to have to do a final finish the first few. I have another run in process, these shafts are made from 4140 and are waiting for final finish. When they're ready I'll get em up on the website
I think you'll find this wrench to be an improvement over existing designs, I'll get more info out when the final finish is complete
Reopening this thread. Curious if the one on bugholes will work in the AE MKIII

Funny…I just walked inside after picking this up from the mailbox and then opened the app to see this thread. I ordered it for my MKIII as well