• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE Mark III in a fiberglass stock

D_Lamz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2007
Central Texas
Stumbled upon this and I thought it was interesting/ cool.

2mq7tc2.jpg

Also this one too.
34fefdu.jpg

Ah yes, sporting services is offering these to the F-Class community in the UK.

Just as expensive as the regular AE though, and it's a single shot.
It is a .284 Win though, so plenty more power than the regular .308 bases cartridges.

The first one looks like a run of the mill 700 in a McMillan or Manners stock. The second one (while I'm sure is very functional) is a fucking eye sore - I would never own something that ugly...strictly from an aesthetics standpoint.:(

If one had the money and desperately wanted an AI AE on a different stock, it's possible.

1. Call Manners/McMillan/XLR to see if they're up to it.
2. Buy an AI AE fixed stock rifle $3,600
3. Discard the chassis or try to sell it to someone who needs a replacement..lol
4. Patiently wait for the stock to arrive :cool:
5. Install barreled action into stock/chassis.
6. Go out and shoot!

Final cost, close to $5k with shipping, and tax, if applicable.

If ai would sell ae barreled actions and/or just actions that could work in a repeater they could make a fortune. Then again they probably already do.

Well, like I said, at least the 2nd one is about the same price as an AE, while some custom work has been done to it. So they must have used a barreled action.
They are an official AI dealer though, so they may have a bit more pull than just any consumer.

We at PSE-Composites made the stock in the first picture. It is our ultra light all carbon E-Tac stock converted to take the all new AI single shot action.
Stock weighs around 1000-1100 grams. We offer replacement carbon cheek raisers that can weigh between 75 grams and up to 600 grams. This
keeps the added weight closer to the centre bore line.
The picture that AVS Fan posted is of dedicated F/TR stocks based on the E-Tac that we made for the Irish F/TR Team. These will be used at the worlds in USA, August I think?

edi

I like the idea of the AE in a McMillan. The stock would be no problem, you could buy the blank from McMillan with no inlet and have a smith inlet it for you. The problem would be the bottom metal as I'm pretty sure the bolt spacing and everything is going to be entirely different than everything else out there. If none of the ones out there won't work you'd have no choice but to have a smith mill one from scratch and that isn't going to be cheap at all.

Also, as I understand it from ejg, it's a single shot action, so you'd probably have some machining to do on the action as well.
Still, should make for an interesting project.