• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI and 6.5x47 feeding issues

LA260

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2017
Is anyone else having feeding issues with AI and 6.5x47s? I've tried four different mags and also tried adjusting the lips of the mags but I'm still having issues on my AT. It either double feeds, or the last round pops off when I insert the mag. This happens probably 20% of the time and it happened last few times during matches. Issue was there since day one and it only happens with 6.5x47. 308 and 260 are function flawlessly. The guy at AI said that with shorter rounds feeding issues happen but still had me send it back to check it but they were not able to replicate the problem. I'm at a point where I'm thinking to just shoot the 6.5x47 for fun and the 308/260 for matches. I just love the 6.5x47. Seems like with any powder and bullet combo it just shoots. And the brass lasts forever. I stopped keeping track of how many times i've shot the brass.

Is this setup for AICS or AW? Been running a 3-lug Tempest 6.5x47 now for 4 years or so with no issues feeding from AW mags.

I’ve ran quite a few 6.5x47 through my AIAX and have never had a feeding issue. I would call Adam at mhsa and run it by him. A buddy of mine has run a bunch of 6x47 through his AI with no issues as well.

Is anyone else having feeding issues with AI and 6.5x47s? I've tried four different mags and also tried adjusting the lips of the mags but I'm still having issues on my AT. It either double feeds, or the last round pops off when I insert the mag. This happens probably 20% of the time and it happened last few times during matches. Issue was there since day one and it only happens with 6.5x47. 308 and 260 are function flawlessly. The guy at AI said that with shorter rounds feeding issues happen but still had me send it back to check it but they were not able to replicate the problem. I'm at a point where I'm thinking to just shoot the 6.5x47 for fun and the 308/260 for matches. I just love the 6.5x47. Seems like with any powder and bullet combo it just shoots. And the brass lasts forever. I stopped keeping track of how many times i've shot the brass.

Is it just one magazine or does it malfunction with all of your magazines?

I shot 6.5x47L in an AT for a couple years with out ever having a single malfunction, and have been shooting it in my new AXSA for the past couple months still with no problems. That was across 1 AT mag and 2 different AX mags. I actually had my first ever feeding malfunction earlier today, but it was with .308. I never modified any of the AT or AX mags either.

I have ~5000 rounds of 6.5x47L through my AT and now AX. 3 AW mags and 4 AX mags without issues.

Only issue I've ever had was if I inserted the mag too hard/fast into the magwell, it would occasionally pop the top round out of the mag and induce a double feed. Once I became more mindful of slowing down the mag insertion as it clicked into place, I didn't have that issue again.

Well it sounds like a me problem. Its just hard to find a cure when it only happens some of the time and I can't just replicate the issue whenever I want to.
Is it just one magazine or does it malfunction with all of your magazines?

It does mulfunction with four different mags